FREE bottle of wine

Jimmy Geegitz

I'd like to know this as well. I've never dined in the steakhouse before, but we are going to do it on our cruise in September. Since the BF loves his wine, it'd be awesome to get a free bottle.

Another question, if there is no free bottle, is it allowable to bring your own bottle to the steakhouse. I'm not sure if this is considered tacky or not...any input? I know we can bring it to the MDR and pay a corkage fee....usually the BF just purchase his vino by the glass though.

Ooh, what is this wine package you speak of??

Carnival has a "Cruise The Vineyards" wine package program. It allows you to buy a group of wines at a discounted rate. There are 3 levels of wines to select from - Basic, Deluxe, & Premium (there are about 10-15 wines to choose from in each level). Currently the package size you select is either for 3 or 5 wines. When you purchase a package you are given wine coupons and then when in the Main Dining Room you can give a coupon to your waiter with your requested wine for the evening. The packages can save up to around 25% off the going rate for buying individual bottles onboard.

For further details about the Wine Package Program and the wines you can choose from check out the link for Alcohol in my signature below.

We would like to know the answer to these questions, which never seem to be asked and answered when this topic is raised (wine in Steakhouse on embarkation day):

If a man or woman were to go ALONE to dinner in the Pride's Steakhouse on Embarkation Day, would he or she be given the "free" (i.e., included without extra charge) bottle of wine? If so, since it is unlikely that the person would drink five 150-milliliter glasses of wine, could the unfinished bottle be taken out of the Steakhouse by the guest?

We would appreciate answers (1) from someone who has actually been through this experience on the Pride and/or (2) from a "Host" who can determine a reliable answer through his/her "connections."

Thanks, in advance, for replies.

We would like to know the answer to these questions, which never seem to be asked and answered when this topic is raised (wine in Steakhouse on embarkation day):

If a man or woman were to go ALONE to dinner in the Pride's Steakhouse on Embarkation Day, would he or she be given the "free" (i.e., included without extra charge) bottle of wine? If so, since it is unlikely that the person would drink five 150-milliliter glasses of wine, could the unfinished bottle be taken out of the Steakhouse by the guest?

We would appreciate answers (1) from someone who has actually been through this experience on the Pride and/or (2) from a "Host" who can determine a reliable answer through his/her "connections."

I read in a review that the unfinished portion was corked and delivered to the MDR for the following evening.

Not sure if you can take it to your room or not.

Yes I cruise solo and always eat in the steakhouse on the first night to avoid the chaos of the MDR. Yes you will get a full bottle to yourself and if you can't finish it they will send the rest to your stateroom.

I read in a review that the unfinished portion was corked and delivered to the MDR for the following evening.

Not sure if you can take it to your room or not.

You can take the wine back to your cabin.:)

zozza,

Only 1 FREE bottle of wine PER TABLE - so if all 8 of you ate at the same table then only 1 free bottle of wine

Did something change? We were on Legend last year we had 4 couples at one table and each couple received a bottle of wine. The reservation was made as one but we all paid as couples.

zozza,

Only 1 FREE bottle of wine PER TABLE - so if all 8 of you ate at the same table then only 1 free bottle of wine

Did something change? We were on Legend last year we had 4 couples at one table and each couple received a bottle of wine. The reservation was made as one but we all paid as couples.

It is 1 bottle per S&S card account.

To answer the original question...

I sailed on the Magic on 12/11. We dined at Prime on the first night and our table of 3 received a free bottle of wine... We all had different sail and sign accts, too. We got 1 bottle. :p

It was the cheapest bottle on the menu, but definitley palatable and the food was GREAT! Eat here, Red Frog, and Cucina if you can!!!

Yes I cruise solo and always eat in the steakhouse on the first night to avoid the chaos of the MDR. Yes you will get a full bottle to yourself and if you can't finish it they will send the rest to your stateroom.

You can take the wine back to your cabin.:)

We thank you very much for these helpful answers.

Archived