How to utilize the space in your cabin

lrs430

Op- Which AOS sailing in March are you on?

As far as storage, being a Voyager class, I'm assuming the bathroom mirrors also hide storage shelving. Great for all the misc toiletries.

Luggage- We try to have a collapsible piece or at least carry ons that can be stored in the larger check luggage.

Also, you said you have a balcony. We do that too so we bring bungee cords. We use it to hang dry our bathing suits as the shower is so closed in and they never dry that way. Before anyone flames me. We only hang them when we are not at port, if facing land or other ships. And then again, only when we'll be in the room. We don't want to cause any trouble for our room steward.

Lastly, something we learned on our first sailing. We only wear so much clothing. And even then, they have laundry. SO we try to only pack things that are interchangable with other stuff and calcuate how many tops/pants, etc.. we need that we can send to the laundry and have back in time to have clean clothes. And for when we have to fly (as in the AOS sailing) this will help cut down on checked luggage as well.

Erika

Just to be clear. The over the door hanger that I use is not a shoe holder. It has various size pockets in it that zipper. Measures roughly 14" x 18". It hangs on the bathroom door and does not keep it from closing.

We have Q-Tips, a small nail kit, various makeup items, nail polish, etc. All crap that would be scattered here and there without the hanger.

We like the organization of it, and it folds up to nothing at the end of the cruise. Love it!

We also use those cloth-covered pop-up boxes: a small one on the nightstand to hold DH's wallet, watch, Set Sail Pass, etc so he can empty his pockets each night and a larger one for me to hold my stuff. (apparently I have MORE stuff!) Don't you just LOVE Dollar Tree?!!

I do love Dollar Tree!! We get all of our "minor" supplies there.

• 1 month later...
I never figured out where to put the over the door hanger. It doesn't fit on the closet doors. Because of the hooks on the inside of the bath door, it doesn't fit there. I can't remember why I couldn't make it work on the outside of the bath door. I'm just curious.

The hooks on mine actually DO fit over the closet door so I hang it there, across from the bathroom door. When I had a JS with the walk-in closet, I hung it on a bit of the extra clothes bar space in the closet. It worked well to contain all the "little stuff" when we moved to the JS for the second half of a B2B. Since it was hanging, our cabin steward moved it to the new room for us along with all of our clothes on hangers - didn't have to pack the stuff to move or unpack it in the new room!

Archived