Dream Balcony Question

dshefter

For anyone who has sailed previously on the Dream, I am seeking balcony stateroom advice. We are looking to sail in early December. There will be three of us (one 9-year-old). Have gone online and looked at Aft balcony rooms on the Vista Deck. Has anyone booked these rooms? Are they good? I've heard there is a little more room in these particular balconies.

Or would you recommend another Category stateroom.

Thanks for the help.

All regular balconys the cabin is 185 s.f.. The aft facing balconies are about twice as deep, so they can have a lounge chair. The regular balconys are 3.5 X 10, and you only get two regular plastic upright chairs. I read, so I prefer a sitting up chair, so the regular balcony is enough for me. Depends on if you like to just lay out there.

We loved our aft balcony. It had a large balcony and decent size room. It was very easy to walk up one flight of stairs to the Lido deck. We didn't encounter any noise from the staff taking down or setting up the deck chairs. There was slight movement in the aft but it rocked you to sleep. We will always book an aft because we loved it so much.

The Dream is a fantastic ship. We loved our stay on it. We never encountered any lines at the buffet or anywhere. We would book another cruise on the Dream. You have to try the Steakhouse. So worth the money.

Enjoy your cruise.

Bamboozel: Thank you very much for the information. We likely will book the AFT balcony.

We'll definitely try the Steakhouse one night. Probably will be an adults-only night out. The kids can go to the club.

My only wish is that the Dream had a designated Cigar Bar like Princess and Norwegian. Loved going in there after dinner to enjoy a stogie and a single-malt Scotch and talking with other passengers.

Archived