Has anyone travelled on Jade from Venice.....??? Help needed please

lynnquenby

.....If so, then I am looking for some advice please :o

We are looking to sail 9th June and I am currently looking at flights. We plan to fly in Thursday and have a couple of nights before we sail, but were hoping to fly back on the Saturday.

The only flight I can get is one that departs at 11.25am back to the UK (so reckon latest check-in should be c10am?). NCL Jade is scheduled for arrival into Venice on her return at 8am - what is the likelihood that we would make this flight? It is from Marco Polo so I know that's c20mins from Venice port, but how quickly will we be able to disembark the ship? Will we be able to keep our luggage the night before to avoid having to collect this in the Cruise Port? Questions questions!!!

Appreciate any advice that anyone can give me........

Lynn

The only flight I can get is one that departs at 11.25am back to the UK (so reckon latest check-in should be c10am?). NCL Jade is scheduled for arrival into Venice on her return at 8am - what is the likelihood that we would make this flight? It is from Marco Polo so I know that's c20mins from Venice port, but how quickly will we be able to disembark the ship? Will we be able to keep our luggage the night before to avoid having to collect this in the Cruise Port? Questions questions!!!

Appreciate any advice that anyone can give me........

Lynn

Not sure if I can give you any advice, but we're on a Jade cruise later in the year and booked on a flight back to the UK at 11.45am - so pretty much in the same boat, pun intended! My local TA doesn't seem to think there's an issue - and I'm banking on it all being ok as our transfers to and from the airport are booked also :)

Get off the ship in the first group, hail a cab, and you will have enough time for a lazy last gelato at Marco Polo :p

Advice: take photos off the ship sailing back to Venice, it goes back through the canal (Guidecca??), for a couple of hours, magnificent views. Going from Venice, it just goes into the sea, but coming back is very different.

Guys

thank you all for all your advice - I'm hoping we can make it.....seems do-able - even better we get that Gelato ;) Think we'll stick with Marco Polo in Venice though seeing as flights no cheaper to/from Milan

off to plan now :D thanks again!!

Hallo ;)

If you use the http://www.kayak.co.uk/#flights/VCE-LON,nearby/2012-06-23 search-engine, you will find many flights from Venice to London at both 12,15, 12,35, 13,05, 17,35, 19,25 and a lot of others ;)

So you be the last person from the ship and have more than enough time to eat at least ten ice-creams..........:D

Hallo ;)

If you use the http://www.kayak.co.uk/#flights/VCE-LON,nearby/2012-06-23 search-engine, you will find many flights from Venice to London at both 12,15, 12,35, 13,05, 17,35, 19,25 and a lot of others ;)

So you be the last person from the ship and have more than enough time to eat at least ten ice-creams..........:D

Thnaks MSH from Norway.....I know that there is more availability from London but was looking to avoid flying from there and more local to home....If we could! Appreciate the advice though (and Kayak is fab - use it all the time!)

Archived