Questions about Carnival Paradise

IrishLassie

Does anyone know if there's anything "new" on the Paradise ship? Does it have the waterworks on the pool deck? How is the food? Cost of drinks? Thanks for any info.:D

There isn't much new on the Paradise, she's have an update later this month, but doesn't look like anything really exciting, no waterworks : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/paradise/ParadiseFactSheet.htm

The food is as good as any other Carnival ship since the menus are identical and the cost of drinks the same as any other : http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

California really got the better deal in the trade. The Inspiration was so much better than the Paradise. I just cruised on the Paradise last week. In some areas it is really showing it's age. I noticed many out of order signs as well as interior areas in serious need of paint. Back in 1998 it was nice but it has seen its better days. After getting off of it I am tempted to cancel my next cruise with CCL and try another line.

California really got the better deal in the trade. The Inspiration was so much better than the Paradise. I just cruised on the Paradise last week. In some areas it is really showing it's age. I noticed many out of order signs as well as interior areas in serious need of paint. Back in 1998 it was nice but it has seen its better days. After getting off of it I am tempted to cancel my next cruise with CCL and try another line.

The Paradise is going into dry later this month.

Totally agree with you. After cruising Paradise New Years Eve we felt the same way. If it was not for the fact that we are meeting friends on our Feb cruise on the Victory, I would have canceled. We have been cruising Carnival forever but after cruising Paradise we too are looking into cruising other lines. We know how to make the best of cruising, but the Paradise was a def disappointment. Knew it was an older ship, that did not bother us, cause it was only five days, but what we know of cruising on Carnival was not there on this cruise. First time ever that when we got home my DH called Carnival and wrote to voice our disappointment. Elevators out of order, bathrooms in need of cleaning especially by the pool. Things can be old but they can be clean and not smell. Food was dry at the buffet. Sandwiches were good. Mongolian was good. Cabin was musty smelling. Don't they smell that when they clean? I can go on and on but won't cause this is only our opinion. We made the most of our days on this class of ship, but I did miss my balcony and when and if we do cruise on Carnival after Feb it will most def not be this class. Do not like it at all.

I really hope the upgrades that will be done in a few weeks will improve the appearance of the ship and improve the overall cruiser experience. I am booked on her for later this year and I can't take many more less than glowing reviews of the Paradise. :(

Hopefully, there will be someone here that will post a positive review after the upgrades are complete which would reveal that those upgrades were just what this ship needed so that I can once again be excited about cruising on this ship.

Does anyone know if there's anything "new" on the Paradise ship? Does it have the waterworks on the pool deck? How is the food? Cost of drinks? Thanks for any info.:D

As you already know, DH and myself will be on this cruise also (you/us are the only people on our roll call!). I am really thinking things will be alot "fresher" after the rebrub and not really worried about it. We are mostly taking this cruise as an appetizer before our next longer one, which we haven't booked yet because we haven't decided exactly which one we want. I find Carnival food in general to be just "okay" but there is always something I can find to eat. DH thinks the food is great but he's not particular.

Could you tell me anything about the shows? We are leaving Thurs and curious.

Archived