Excursion to Universal Studios. On NCA Dawn aug. 8th Can anyone advise on own way or buy tickets

lsabe

We are four adults sailing on Aug 8th on the Dawn and can't decide if it is better to go on our own to Universal Studios, possibly renting a car in Cape Canaveral, or buying the excursion tickets that NCL offers. Does anybody have any suggestions, or has been this route before. Would appreciate any feedback.

I bought the tickets to universal through the excursion. I tried to find transportation on my own and called 4 places that work out of Port Canaveral/orlando area, but it was too expensive. NCL's transportaion price can't be beat.(IMO). BUT we did get the express pass because we realized that we would not have much time at the park and wanted to get the most out of the day, without the stress. I do feel that these were expensive but I'll let you know next week if it was worth it.. icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I rented WAY ahead of time (I'm going in February) but I rented a car from Hertz for the day. Smallest class available, don't need anything larger, but it's costing a whopping $31 for three people with my AAA discount. They have a shuttle bus that picks up at the pier and brings you to the car rental station. If you return the car by 5:30 the reverse happens, after they close at 5:30, there are cabs waiting there to return you to the ship and supposedly you can even get reimbursed from Hertz on this. As I am only going to Kennedy Space Center, however, I will be back there by 5:30, so that won't be an issue for me. Hope this helps.

Explorer of the Seas (Western Caribbean) 12/7/02

Serenade of the Seas (Canada) 9/25/03

Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas) 2/16/04

Norwegian Dawn (Bahamas) 2/20/05

Until we sail the Dawn!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2005;2;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

we have been on the dawn twice, both times rented car from hertz, but check budget its closer, also called universal and got express passes before we went, they are a must if you want to see the whole park in one day they cost 25 per person plus admission , the rental car was about 38 , but if you arrive after 5 you have to cab it back to the ship

Hi..We are also doing universal but on the June 6th. The only reason we are doing it through NCL is god forbid theres traffic or something that holds us up the ship isnt waiting for us. The bus they will wait for.

Linda

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;6;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until First Cruise

Archived