Refrigerated Meds

SplitRaindrop

I have the lovely fortune of being on an antibiotic while on our upcoming cruise that needs to be refrigerated. I know many people have said they just keep their meds on ice in the room but I'd prefer to follow doctors orders :D. We're in a Verandah Room (VF 5060) on the Westerdam which does not appear to have a mini-bar. Will the infirmary store the medication for me? Or are there any other options?

ALL cabins on the Vista class and Signature class ships have a mini refrigerator. They are really coolers. Not sure how cold your medication needs to be.

But if your refrigerator isn't cold enough -- then ask the infirmery to store your medications.

I agree that the 'coolers' are not that cold ... be careful about them .. we had put a carton of milk in one and it quickly soured ..

harry

Inform your Travel Agent or whomever you booked with that you will be bringing refrigerated medications. They will be sure you have a refrigerator and not just a cooler.

I had to do that on my last sailing and although it was for a non diabetic med, they still listed me as diabetic. Go figure. But I did still get the refrigerator. Good luck.

Cathy

Tuck an appliance thermometer in your luggage. They are small and weigh an ounce or two. I always have one in my refrigerator. You can find them in large grocery stores and they are very inexpensive..... if you don't own one.

If it does not register cold enough in your mini-bar, ask the infirmary to store your medication.

When I was on the Westerdam last May I put my insulin in the refrigerator in the cabin and it was perfectly fine and cool for the whole 7 days. But if you think that it is not cool enough for you take it to the infirmary.

Archived