Carnival Pride-Carry own luggage off

gloandcharlie

Do you have to tell anyone or just simply NOT leave your bags out the night before....

No, you don't have to tell anyone. Simple pack your bags, keep them in the cabin with you, and head out when you hear them call self-disembark. They usually call this fairly early, so get up in plenty of time to catch breakfast on the Lido, or order room service.

We have done this on our last 5 cruises...feel much better knowing I have everything with me ! :D

The ship does not dock until almost 9am.

Seems that most of the cruisers on the Pride do self assist.

They start by calling decks-- which vary from week to week. On our sailing they started with the top deck and worked its way down. We were on the Empress deck and it was 10:30 - I had a train to catch at 12:30.

I would not be in a hurry to get off the ship. lots of nice places to wait.

What I loved about this debarkation-- no one was crowded around the stairs/ elevators waiting to get off

The ship does not dock until almost 9am.

Seems that most of the cruisers on the Pride do self assist.

They start by calling decks-- which vary from week to week. On our sailing they started with the top deck and worked its way down. We were on the Empress deck and it was 10:30 - I had a train to catch at 12:30.

I would not be in a hurry to get off the ship. lots of nice places to wait.

What I loved about this debarkation-- no one was crowded around the stairs/ elevators waiting to get off

When we were on the Pride in June it docked between 6am and 7am. We did self assist, were on the hotel shuttle back to our car, and home in Central VA by 11am.

We were off early, and rather then waiting for the shuttle from our hotel,

shared a taxi with the same couple we met taking the shuttle from our hotel to the port.

We were on the I-95 North and saw people still streaming off the Pride at 10:15.

If time is an issue and you can easily manage it, go self assist. Even if time isn't an issue go self assist.:)

When we were on the Pride in June it docked between 6am and 7am. We did self assist, were on the hotel shuttle back to our car, and home in Central VA by 11am.

is that the norm for today? even on its pages Pride is supposed to dock between 8-9am.

Is it different for summer sailings compared to winter?

is that the norm for today? even on its pages Pride is supposed to dock between 8-9am.

Is it different for summer sailings compared to winter?

The people working at the port told us that the ship had been coming in closer to 9am prior to some work done on it by the time we cruised in June...I guess it was having some issues that were fixed, and then started coming in around 7am. Does it every time? I don't know. We were actually at the Chesapeake Bay by about midnight the night before docking in Baltimore.

Archived