Courtyard Villa - 2nd Bedroom's Bed Comfortable?

KJE Atlanta

We are in a Courtyard Villa on the Jade soon. My brother is thinking about joining us and I was wondering how comfortable the 2nd bedroom's bed is for one adult? Some posts on an older thread I was reading suggested requesting egg crate toppers or extra comforters as soon as we get on board. Is this still the case or has the bedding improved in the 2nd bedrooms recently? While we're on the Jade, I imagine the Courtyard Villas and bedding are very similar on all the Jewel class ships so if someone has an experience with this from one of the other ships, I'm sure that would be helpful too. Thanks so much. :)

We are in a Courtyard Villa on the Jade soon. My brother is thinking about joining us and I was wondering how comfortable the 2nd bedroom's bed is for one adult? Some posts on an older thread I was reading suggested requesting egg crate toppers or extra comforters as soon as we get on board. Is this still the case or has the bedding improved in the 2nd bedrooms recently? While we're on the Jade, I imagine the Courtyard Villas and bedding are very similar on all the Jewel class ships so if someone has an experience with this from one of the other ships, I'm sure that would be helpful too. Thanks so much. :)

My sister went with us and stayed in the back bedroom and yes she ordered the topper the 2nd night. Luckily the steward was able to get one for her as it really made a difference. We were on the Pearl but I think they are pretty much all the same.

I think it's plenty big enough for one adult, but I agree it was a little hard. Perfect for my two young kids though... but for an adult I would request a topper. BTW- the single bed in the living room sets up where the sofa sort does this cool 180 degree flip into a regular mattress. Very comfortable, and it doesn't take up any additional space compared to the couch... so it's not like having a sofa bed "pulled out'. Not ideal from a privacy standpoint, but another option if he's picky. We left it made into a bed all the time, and just sat on it made up during the day. When we were in the room we were typically out on the balcony (or in the courtyard) anyhow.

We got a mattress topper right away for my MIL who said it was just fine and she slept like a baby. Of course, the woman's a saint and probably would have said that about sleeping on the floor.. But neither she, nor my daughter on another trip, complained about it..

Robin

The second bedroom is fine for an adult.

When you enter the room, you enter into a vestible. You then have two more doorways, one into the living room and one into the 2nd bedroom. The second bedroom is small, but a single person fits fine, even a couple can handle it. It also has it's own small tv and bathroom. These people are only sleeping there, they have access to the living room which is fairly large. NCL has the best suites out there. We stayed in a VERY expensive suite on RCCL and were hugely disappointed.

BTW, The main bedroom and bath are WOW.

Thanks all. We did the Courtyard Villa on the Pearl last year and loved it. The master bedroom and bathroom is what got us hooked! The master bedroom's bedding was very comfortable (that plus the gentle rocking of the ship resulted in the best sleep I've had in years).

Sounds like the second bedroom's bedding probably won't be as comfortable for my brother, but if we get the topper, it should be just fine.

I booked a 2 br viila on the jewel for July and have a question?!?! Is thw 2nd bedroom bed a regular size bed or a kids size? I am traveling with a person that is 6'5'' and wanted to know if he can fit there or if hes gonna luck out and get the master? does anyone have pics of it opened?

I booked a 2 br viila on the jewel for July and have a question?!?! Is thw 2nd bedroom bed a regular size bed or a kids size? I am traveling with a person that is 6'5'' and wanted to know if he can fit there or if hes gonna luck out and get the master? does anyone have pics of it opened?

I think that might be tight. If you go to youtube and search for NCL Courtyard Villa, you'll be able to see some videos of these cabins for the Jewel and the Pearl - skip past the GVs that show up in the results.

I don't know about 6'5 but my g/f stayed in that room she is short but a big girl the room was fine for her and she got a topper as soon as we were excorted into the suite. I am trying to recall the length of the bed while it goes from wall to wall I would say it's maybe a normalish size twin

Archived