Classic or Premium?

jimb98

When the sticky thread was initially posted an Irish coffee was listed at $7, which means it would still be covered in the Classic package. Does anyone know if this is still the up-to-date price? My wife enjoys a Tia Maria coffee at the end of the evening so I guess it would be the same price. We are going on Eclipse to the Eastern Med in May.

Cheers,

Jim

When the sticky thread was initially posted an Irish coffee was listed at $7, which means it would still be covered in the Classic package. Does anyone know if this is still the up-to-date price? My wife enjoys a Tia Maria coffee at the end of the evening so I guess it would be the same price. We are going on Eclipse to the Eastern Med in May.

Cheers,

Jim

It's my understanding (and I could be mistaken) that if the price of your beverage exceeds the maximum for your selected package, you're charged the difference. The difference in price between the Classic and Premium packages w/the alcohol option is $10/day. If your wife's primary indulgence is her evening Tia Maria coffee, and most of her other beverage selections are w/in the Classic plan costs, you may be better off purchasing the Classic plan and paying the difference.

The option to pay the price difference is only available with the premium package (ie for drinks over $12). We had the premium packages on Eclipse and paid the price difference for a couple of wines by the glass and port; sometimes we weren't charged extra:)

I did not have any coffees with alcohol so don't remember what the prices were recently but I doubt they would be over $8. If you are concerned, wait and buy your package on board after you can confirm current pricing.

We were on the Silhouette in December. I was glad I had the premium package. All the drinks at the molecular bar (my personal favorite) were $12. I found that most other drinks(at least those I enjoyed) were over the $8 limit of the classic package.

If I remember correctly, the specialty coffee (without alcohol) were in the $6 range. I would imagine with alcohol it would be over $8.

It is just my opinion but I was glad not to have to worry about checking prices.

If I remember correctly, the specialty coffee (without alcohol) were in the $6 range. I would imagine with alcohol it would be over $8.

According to the sticky a speciality coffee like Irish Coffee costs $7. This would include the speciality coffee in the classic package, right? Or are speciality coffees always excluded no matter the price? The description on the Celebrity website doesn't mention the speciality coffees, not for the classic package and not for the premium package either:

CLASSIC

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

PREMIUM

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving.

Archived