MSC Poesia hits dock in Jamaica thursday

DeniseAndRoger

MSC Poesia was maneuvering out of the Port of Falmouth when the ship’s port side came in contact with the pier due to strong wind gusts of 32 knots. Guests were always safe. The ship is fine and made its way to its next port of call as scheduled.

MSC Cruises USA

They were sailing directly INTO the wind...I was on the pool deck of the Mariner when it happened...I know what direction the wind was blowing...

I suppose sailing into the wind was why the ship was moving so fast. :confused: One would think in high winds (and perhaps there were some gusts of crosswinds) you would ease away from the pier instead of barrelling out...:eek:

I understand you want to preserve the integrity of your cruiseline, but MCS appears to be ignoring the obvious. The reckless "maneuvering" of the captain of the Poesia endangered it's own passengers as well as the Mariner's. MSC got lucky in this instance. Stop making lame excuses and announce the responsible party has been replaced before another disaster happens. :(

I suppose sailing into the wind was why the ship was moving so fast. :confused: One would think in high winds (and perhaps there were some gusts of crosswinds) you would ease away from the pier instead of barrelling out...:eek:

I understand you want to preserve the integrity of your cruiseline, but MCS appears to be ignoring the obvious. The reckless "maneuvering" of the captain of the Poesia endangered it's own passengers as well as the Mariner's. MSC got lucky in this instance. Stop making lame excuses and announce the responsible party has been replaced before another disaster happens. :(

Maybe the unknown Poesia captain had a date with a young Moldovan woman like that other guy and didn't want to make her wait??? :p

:eek: I was on the top deck of the Mariner as the Jam Cruise left port. Amazing to see that huge 20 ft "dent" and scrape from the concrete and then 30 seconds later hits two stationary pylons. As I ran to the rear of the Mariner, they were so close that some guests even grabbed the kids away from the railings. This looked like a tough port to get in and out of with strong winds.

Hey...nice to see our fellow Broncos fans! - Tim and Shannon, Conifer , Colorado

Right back at ya fellow Bronco fans....you must have recognized my hubby from our pic...Can't wait for next year! Go Broncos!

Talked to some other folks on the Mariner that saw workers on the pier running for their lives when it went down....my best guess is that if anyone has video, they are selling it to Royal Caribbean for their lawsuit to fix the pier...of course they have to get in line....MCS won't admit liability for anything that happened in the Bahamas or Jamaica....they have their hands full....

They were sailing directly INTO the wind...I was on the pool deck of the Mariner when it happened...I know what direction the wind was blowing...

who is getting paid to hide this....

Right back at ya fellow Bronco fans....you must have recognized my hubby from our pic...Can't wait for next year! Go Broncos!

Talked to some other folks on the Mariner that saw workers on the pier running for their lives when it went down....my best guess is that if anyone has video, they are selling it to Royal Caribbean for their lawsuit to fix the pier...of course they have to get in line....MCS won't admit liability for anything that happened in the Bahamas or Jamaica....they have their hands full....

to be specific...this is the post that that got put back 24 hours...let's see if this one will stay

Just checking to see if my post posts now....my last one an hour ago said I posted yesterday...trying to hide my posts aren't you...

when you are posting around midnight eastern time, at 12:00, your posts will say yesterday, because it was before 12:00 midnight, so yesterday.

MSC Poesia was maneuvering out of the Port of Falmouth when the ship’s port side came in contact with the pier due to strong wind gusts of 32 knots. Guests were always safe. The ship is fine and made its way to its next port of call as scheduled.

MSC Cruises USA

Strange....we were on that sailing and did not know we hit anything until i read it here, and we were stone cold sober......maybe we have just cruised too much and are numb....anyway, it was a nice week.

Not that new. I sailed with them 7 years ago there and they'd already been sailing there a few years.

No idea how "common" bumps and scrapes are, but after the Concordia, there will be far more visibility of this

Maybe just this ship, it started sailing in Americas in 2009

I would think they had the knack of it at this point.

Archived