If incident happen, how Carnival take care their passengers>

Twice-a-year

From the yesterday Concordia incident, I wonder, how Carnival will care for their passengers if the same incident happen?

*Will Carnival covers the hotel charged during the waiting time to fly back home?

*Will Carnival covers the extra charge by the airline?

When I booked a cruise, never once by insurance. This is really scare me.

Thanks

From the yesterday Concordia incident, I wonder, how Carnival will care for their passengers if the same incident happen?

*Will Carnival covers the hotel charged during the waiting time to fly back home?

Thanks

I am pretty sure that when the Carnival Splendor had its incident, Carnival did cover the things you mention in your post.

Thanks

Anything we say here is simply speculation. You never know how someone or company will act until the situation occurs.

Take a look at how Carnival handled the passengers who were stranded in Puerto Rico when one of their ships was forced to leave early because of an approaching hurricane. You can also compare their action to a competing company's action that brought strong criticism their way.

Carnival Cruise Lines will do the right thing.

I am pretty sure that when the Carnival Splendor had its incident, Carnival did cover the things you mention in your post.

We were booked on the Splendor in January and received a 25% discount on a future cruise from Carnival for not being able to go on our trip. I call this very good customer service.

We were booked right after the Splendor fire, and they took really good care of us rebooking our cruise. Basically we could have gotten any date, any ship, with the same class of cabin for the same price that we already paid, no matter what the price of that cruise would have been. We could have gotten more back, but what we got was sufficient, but we weren't onboard for the fire, and just had to put up with delaying our cruise. Luckily we could reschedule our vacation, and got the same cabin we originally wanted at the same price, even though that week it was actually a couple hundred dollars higher in price. My feeling is that Carnival will do what it takes to make their customers happy for the most part. Of course there will be some that you won't make happy no matter what.

Thanks

On a 7 day Splendor cruise last year, the insurance was $95 for me. Really not that expensive for the comfort that it gives. I don't take any form of international or high-cost travel without taking insurance out.

Archived