air port & hotel info for oct 31 cruise out of newyork

sheldon87cam

hi guys we are looking at booking our next princess cruise this time out of new york on oct 31 2012 princess site says leaving from brooklynn or manhattan were are wondering what air port should we fly into and what hotels would be recommended as we usually fly out from newfoundland two days before cruise departs just incase of weather , or do any hotels offer cruise and stay deals thanks sheldon

We flew into JFK. The price for Jet Blue out of Chicago was great. We stayed at The Wellington for 2 nights. It was older hotel with great character. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and beds where comfortable. Typical hotel in NYC, the rooms are smaller than normal. The hotel was walking distance to Central Park, Times Square,and the theater district. They had a subway stop right outside that took us to The Statue of Liberty and Battery Park. We enjoyed our two days of touring New York and this hotel worked fine.

Enjoy your cruise and NYC.

Take it step by step. What are the plane fares to each of the NYC airports? If one is significantly cheaper, then choose that airport. From Newark you can take the airport bus to midtown for $15/pp. From LaGuardia a cab to midtown will be $30-35 and from JFK the cab fare to Manhattan is fixed at about $45 + tip and tolls.

I checked Hotwire for 10/29-10/31 and I'm seeing a 3.5* hotel in Midtown East (recommended by 85%) for $100. This is a fantastic price. I think it would be the Helmsley New York (great location near Grand Central) - this hotel has been recently sold and is under renovation, but recent reviews are excellent and $100 is an unheard of price for a 3.5* hotel.

It is likely your Princess cruise will sail from Brooklyn, so you would take a cab for $30-$35.

The Caribbean Princess is the only Princess ship scheduled to leave from NY on October 31, and it will be departing from Brooklyn.

While cruise lines often offer pre cruise hotel packages, you can normally save a lot of money by booking your own hotel accommodations.

Hi,

I just booked(last night) on Hotwire the 3.5 star hotel in MIDTOWN East in NYC and got the Helmsley for $103.00per night for Oct 19,2012. A great price.

For what it is worth dept.. :)

Later,

Frank

Hi Frank,

You got a great deal. I think you've just confirmed my guess that this Hotwire offering is the Helmsley. $103 for a 3.5* hotel in midtown Manhattan is unbelievable, particularly in the Oct high season. Sheldon - I'd book this hotel immediately - it's easily accessible from all the airports. If you're uncomfortable with a nonrefundable hotel, buy the insurance they offer.

Archived