Fijian Bliss ROS 23rd October.

Going on the Rhasdody of the Seas with friends on the 23rd October Fijian Bliss we have a pile of questions to ask.:D:p

Even thou we are travelling on the ROS can we use $aussie dollars on the islands?

Do the showers have curtains or screens?

How many formal nights on a 12 day cruise?

Do the cabins have room to stow your suitcases?

How much to get laundry done? Ironing shirts etc?

How much for drinks?

Can you take a carton of soft drink on board?

Do cabins have fridges?

Any information would be helpful.:D

I can answer some of them...

You'll be able to use Australian dollars in Vila. There's nothing to spend money on at the Isle of Pines. Not sure about the other stops.

Showers have curtains.

Cabins do have room to store your suitcases, albeit on the ground in the wardrobe, so space is limited.

Cabins/Staterooms do not have fridges. Suites might.

Fairly sure it's US$25 for a bag of washing, which is a fairly small bag. Washing is returned un-ironed (most people only get things washed which don't require ironing anyway).

I'd normally expect 2x formal nights on a 12-day cruise, but this one has quite a few sea days mid-cruise, so they might throw in a 3rd.

Not sure if you are allowed to bring soft drinks aboard, but there's not much point given that most cabins don't have a fridge to keep them cold.

As for drinks, it depends on what you're after.

Hi there,

Only the Owners Suite has a separate shower. All other staterooms have a shower curtain. I don't think there are fridges in inside cabins or oceanviews. I'm pretty sure balcony cabins do but Junior, Grand and Owners suites certainly do. The junior and grand suites both have showers over the bath (with curtain). The owners suite has a spa bath and separate stall shower.

Unfortunately the storage of luggage I think is a bit poor. On most ships you can store your luggage under the bed but not on the Rhapsody. We couldn't even get it under the bed in the owners suite but fortunately there is plenty of room in them to store them neatly in a corner. If other people can get their luggage under their beds, perhaps I need to rethink the size of our suitcases:o

There will be a 'special' every few days wherein you will be provided with a laundry bag which you can 'stuff in' as much as you can and it will be washed, dried and folded for $15. Sorry I can't remember the cost of washing and ironing but I do recall it was very reasonable. We were on board for 21 nights so there was a fair bit of washing.

You aren't allowed to take any wine, beer, water, softdrinks, juice, etc:mad: on board.

We have always taken a bit of foreign currency with us but you will be able to use your Aussie$ widely. The only place that wouldn't accept Australian currency has been a restaurant in Noumea so we pulled out the credit card:).

Rhapsody is a fabulous ship and you will have the benefit of it having been drydocked. We are off for 5 weeks on the Radiance for our honeymoon very soon and can't wait.

Cheers

Di

Did same cruise Oct 2010

Even thou we are travelling on the ROS can we use $aussie dollars on the islands? I always have their currency easier to purchase from small places if you spot something you want.

Do the showers have curtains or screens? I take table weights to hold the curtain out - can use pegs with sinkers

How many formal nights on a 12 day cruise? There were 2

Do the cabins have room to stow your suitcases? Our suitcases fitted under the beds

How much to get laundry done? Ironing shirts etc? Always get it don ashore - drop it off and pick it up later - last trip was travelling with a 3yo and 7yo. Got it done in Villa and Latuoka. Shirts were something like $3.50- I took a small travel iron in my handbag.

How much for drinks? The drinks menu is 2 pages long

Can you take a carton of soft drink on board? YES we took 2 cartons in a carryon suitcase

Do cabins have fridges? I requested a fridge as my medication needs refrigeration - have had a fridge in cabin on both Rhapsody trips. Its only very small and not all that cold

I did a very lengthy review of the ship a few years back - you might be able to search for it

Di

Archived