Drinks packages on sale

cnarf77

Just looking at the UK website and the classic package is being quoted at £28.69/ night, obviously plus 15%. Can anyone advise if this is a discounted rate?

Hi

That is the discounted rate, I just cancelled and will rebook saving me over

£150 on out two upcoming cruises.

Well done X

The upside is the packages seem here to stay and X must be making

Money from them.

Although in my case I don't know how :D

I am booked for this coming Saturday, so within the four day limit and cannot book online. I called Celebrity and asked if the price would be honored onboard. The woman I spoke with indicated that it would be, though I may need to go to Guest Services to get the 10% discount honored. It would make sense, since I received the offer in my email actually while I was on the phone with her, and it indicates that the offer is for cruises departing between January 20 and 31 (and I leave on January 21).

Wish me luck!

It states discounts from Jan 20 to Dec 31 2012 but have to book it by Jan 30th.....Hope this helps.

Thank you for posting this! Just bought the premium package (which we would have bought on the ship) and saved ourselves $100 :D

Hi Kate ,

Just saved over £150 on our next trip,the happy card is a great

Product.

Say hello to John

It shows the old pricing if you still have your old package booked. After I cancelled the package, the new package price showed.

I never had a package booked, was going to wait until on the ship, but now if I can get a 10%discount I'll book ahead....but not at the prices they're showing...it's not discounted at all. Very frustrating :(

I never had a package booked, was going to wait until on the ship, but now if I can get a 10%discount I'll book ahead....but not at the prices they're showing...it's not discounted at all. Very frustrating :(

It showed the OLD prices when I went there, but after I selected our names and clicked on to the next page, THAT is where it showed the new prices!

Tom

I am booked for this coming Saturday, so within the four day limit and cannot book online. I called Celebrity and asked if the price would be honored onboard. The woman I spoke with indicated that it would be, though I may need to go to Guest Services to get the 10% discount honored. It would make sense, since I received the offer in my email actually while I was on the phone with her, and it indicates that the offer is for cruises departing between January 20 and 31 (and I leave on January 21).

Wish me luck!

I was told the same thing! I emailed them and my travel agent to see if I can get something in writing... We are on the same cruise as you~ Maybe we can all go and speak to Guest Services :)

I was told the same thing! I emailed them and my travel agent to see if I can get something in writing... We are on the same cruise as you~ Maybe we can all go and speak to Guest Services :)

I printed the email that I received this afternoon, and wrote down who I spoke to and when. Hopefully there won't be any issue--usually polite persistence and a smile pays off!

I'll look for you at the bar :)

Just looking at the UK website and the classic package is being quoted at £28.69/ night, obviously plus 15%. Can anyone advise if this is a discounted rate?

Hi

We just cancelled and rebooked our Classic Drinks Package x 2 and benefitted from the 10% Discount...it was £446 and now £401 (ish)...Go For It.

Thanks to the OP for the information, much appreciated.

Anthony

I got the email from Celebrity today. Booked 2 premium packages. The web site SUCKS, but I managed to finally get them booked and paid. Was going to wait till on board, but the discount helped sway the decision. Was also worried about the sales tax situation if I booked on the 1st day on board. I have never seen a definative answer about the sales tax.

Good Sailing

Tom

So glad I had not already booked our package, will do so now. Just a question; if I purchase 2 Classic packages can I upgrade one of them to Premium on board of I choose to?

Jim

Go with the Premium now...a lot of the better wines (as well as the martinis and Molecular bar drinks) are over $8. You'll get the discount price on that now, but not if you upgrade onboard (unless you are sailing this month....maybe)/

I've booked one classic & one premium and I'm delighted with the discount. I know for a fact I'll get my money's worth and my wife loves the idea of not having to worry about the bill so she'll probably have a few more expensive drinks than she would have. All in all a great result, many thanks to the OP.

Jim

Too bad this won't be available to purchase onboard for our 2/11 cruise. We have a $140 onboard credit that we plan to use to offset part of the beverage package, which ends up saving us more than the 10% discount.

Unless you have select dining,. you could always use the OBC for gratuities or specialty dining or shopping, etc....

We just booked our July 22, 2012 crusie today. Can we book this too?

Hi:

I could not book online for my May 21(it was not allowing me to purchase this far ahead) so I called X and yes I did get the 10% discount with the purchase.

Call Celebrity if you cannot purchase online see if you can.

Greetings

You can book straight through the web site. You need your reservation number. The web site isn't the best one out there, but it does work.

Good Sailing

Tom

I was under the impression that I had to book everything through the TA, even drink packages and excursions.

Too bad this won't be available to purchase onboard for our 2/11 cruise. We have a $140 onboard credit that we plan to use to offset part of the beverage package, which ends up saving us more than the 10% discount.

My email I received this morning indicated it was for all cruises between now and December 31, 2012. However, you had to purchase them before January 31, 2012.

Wish they would just refund me the 10% difference instead of cancel and rebook - since I used a Canadian credit card was charged a few % over the exchange rate by my credit card, if I have to cancel - again get charged a %... wish I would have waited to purchase my preimum package - for 10 days it adds up for the both of us

Archived