What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

Where is your best source of looking for the best deals for solo cruises? I have signed up for email alerts from the cruise lines, but I'm not seeing anything special, and after years of great deals on HAL, I'm just not into paying double fares for just me. I have sailed RCI and am trying Carnival for the first time early in the fall. I know about VTG and they are helpful, but I just want to check for myself online sometimes without a phone call. I'm especially interested in the Partial Transit this year or next, as I've never done that one. I enjoy going with friends, but it's always a "time or money, money or time" situation for us all. I have cruised solo and enjoy it greatly. I meet more people, it seems, and can do all, or nothing, as the days come. I encourage people to do it!!

Hi, I have a same issue of paying double on a solo cruise. I just started solo cruise and notice NCL has studio room on EPIC and BREAKAWAY for solo cruiser. It is a small room but paying less then double on a inside cabin. But I would like to have more choices then only 2 cruise ships. Please share your solo cruise experience and tips. For I will take my first solo cruise to Bermuda with Breakaway on 9/22. Even I did 5 cruise before (but not alone), I figure knowledge is power. Thank you in advance.

Hi. Please do tell! I'm traveling solo on Carnival very soon.

I have been on Carnival, Costa & Celebrity. All solo and it's great going solo on any line. Carnival has always seated me with other solo cruisers in the MDR (late seating if you're over 18 and under 75). You WILL meet people but even if you are all by yourself, the shows, activities, cocktail lounges are things you can go to and enjoy alone.

Hi, I have a same issue of paying double on a solo cruise. I just started solo cruise and notice NCL has studio room on EPIC and BREAKAWAY for solo cruiser. It is a small room but paying less then double on a inside cabin. But I would like to have more choices then only 2 cruise ships...

Coming soon is one more...NCL's GETAWAY...brand new ship to be sailing Caribbean cruises from Miami....will also have the studio cabins for solos. :)

Coming soon is one more...NCL's GETAWAY...brand new ship to be sailing Caribbean cruises from Miami....will also have the studio cabins for solos. :)

RCI's Quantum of the Seas will also have studio cabins; I have one booked for April 2015 :D

I have checked it out and found the Quantum to be expensive. How's the price of the studios?

I got a studio balcony and it's $1,400, which I find reasonable. Funny enough though, I just booked a solo balcony on the Explorer for the exact itinerary for $500 less so we'll see what happens. I may get to final payment date and find it to be too much to spend, but for now, I had an NCC so I thought I'd hold a cabin.

Edited by Virtopia

I got a studio balcony and it's $1,400, which I find reasonable. Funny enough though, I just booked a solo balcony on the Explorer for the exact itinerary for $500 less so we'll see what happens. I may get to final payment date and find it to be too much to spend, but for now, I had an NCC so I thought I'd hold a cabin.

Hi, is there such a thing as solo balcony for $1400 or $500 less. This is news to me. I love to learn more. I pay NCL Breakaway for a small solo studio for 1170 plus tax (1340) for my Bermuda trip in 9/22. Need some help here to plan my 2014 cruise. Thank you in advance.

I have one month before I start work. I would like to do a round trip OV or above on the Millie with Celebrity or RCL. Does anyone want to go??:)

Have you concidered the Millenium's coastal leaving YVR on September 13th going to San Diego? The prices are excellent right now! I've cruised AK so many times, and although beautiful, I'm ready for something new. The coastal sounds fun...and the easy flights before and after is a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I will be taking my first solo cruise in October. I went on my first cruise in July which was supposed to be solo until my sister invited herself along :)

I am 50. My BF has no interest in cruising. I do go to Vegas a few times a year, and about half of those trips for me are solo, as he doesn't like to go as much.

I love solo traveling. I'm perfectly happy with my own company. But the nice thing about a cruise is everyone is SO friendly that it's easy to have a nice conversation with someone.

I just splurged and upgrade to a Junior Suite. I had been on the waiting list for a balcony but the final payment date came and went, and nothing opened up. So for a few $100's more than that would have been, I just did it. I'm very excited and looking forward to my October cruise!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
springarypgirls_zps6101c273.jpg
Wow! Look at all the babes he collected on that cruise.

Duuude!

I really wrote to say

thanks for that recent photo of yours, showing all your cruise cards!

That's quite a personal collection you have there! All yours, I presume.

If you ever want to talk cruise-card collecting

drop me an email at pcdoctor (at) karibcable dot com

I'm Kefren from Belgium, in my young 20's and have taken 2 cruises so far. I'm kind of an semi-solo traveller, as I like travelling with friends as well. I've cruised with colleagues and did the last cruise on my own. When I am in desperate need of some rest (I always work in the crowds at the airport, so rest is welcome after a busy summer), I like to travel alone. Not alone alone, because I love meeting new people, which is harder when you've got company you know travelling along. I love Holland America for its chill atmosphere and no rush whatsoever. Smaller ships then some of those cities at sea, although I'd love to try them out as well, at some point.

Edited by headhunterke

I'm Kefren from Belgium, in my young 20's and have taken 2 cruises so far. I'm kind of an semi-solo traveller, as I like travelling with friends as well. I've cruised with colleagues and did the last cruise on my own. When I am in desperate need of some rest (I always work in the crowds at the airport, so rest is welcome after a busy summer), I like to travel alone. Not alone alone, because I love meeting new people, which is harder when you've got company you know travelling along. I love Holland America for its chill atmosphere and no rush whatsoever. Smaller ships then some of those cities at sea, although I'd love to try them out as well, at some point.

Hello and welcome to the solo forum.

Glad you joined us. We've learned that we are not dependent on a BFF, SO, or spouse to enjoy a cruise.

Wow! Look at all the babes he collected on that cruise.

Duuude!

I really wrote to say

thanks for that recent photo of yours, showing all your cruise cards!

That's quite a personal collection you have there! All yours, I presume.

If you ever want to talk cruise-card collecting

drop me an email at pcdoctor (at) karibcable dot com

My next cruise on Nov. 16, 2013 will be my 85th cruise , I always save my cruise cards:)