Best way to talk husband into Allure in March...

Ok....had been planning a trip to Disney in March, which has since become rediculously expensive imho..

Have been thinking about the Oasis Class for sometime (were booked for Nov 2010 but switched to X when we could get the Penthouse for a fraction of the cost at that time)

I have 24 hours to convince DH to make the move....i have the last triple balcony on hold.....i need YOUR help to make it ours...

What is your most persuasive argument when you want to go on a cruise?!?

:cool:

Thanks... I Am hopi g that will work..but i figure there are so e folks who have been on board who can give me even more ammo to win him over with!

1. Zipline

2. Rockclimbing

3. Rising Tide Bar

4. Iceskating

5. Flow rider

6. Minigolf

7. Solarium

8. Boardwalk

9. Central Park

10. About 1000 different dining options

11. Best entertainment at sea.

Is that enough?

You could try my way....

"Sweetheart, I saw in the news that fuel prices are going to be over $5/gallon by this summer. I know WE BOTH have wanted to do this but in an effort to get the most out of our airline expense in March I booked us on the Allure of the Seas!! Between the money we are going to save on airline and fuel costs likely to raise cruise rates we are going to save so much money over doing this next year." ;)

WineDown17, I was in your same exact position a year ago September. We had just got home from Disney World and, of course, I immediately started to plan our next vacation. Knowing my husband would jump at the chance to keep from going to Disney World again the next year, I asked him what he thought about a cruise instead of Disney. Well, we took our first cruise on the Allure last May and will be taking our second this upcoming May. I wish you good luck but I don't think you'll need it. My husband loved the ship and so did I. ;)

This site needs a "like" button..all awesome ideas! I feel we have exhausted X for now...and my 5 year old would have a ton to do on Allure....so the time may be right.

Our plans for Disney werent what I would call anything special...but by the time you added it all up for the 3 of us... plus my in laws...we were approaching 18k! That is insane. Plus..this seems a lot more relaxing!

I still want to do Disney with him, but I need to figure out how to do it for a bit less....keep your fingers crossed!

This site needs a "like" button..all awesome ideas! I feel we have exhausted X for now...and my 5 year old would have a ton to do on Allure....so the time may be right.

Our plans for Disney werent what I would call anything special...but by the time you added it all up for the 3 of us... plus my in laws...we were approaching 18k! That is insane. Plus..this seems a lot more relaxing!

I still want to do Disney with him, but I need to figure out how to do it for a bit less....keep your fingers crossed!

Tell us if he finally gives in!:D

My husband has found that life is easier if we do what I want to do on vacation, so I would just book the cruise and tell him when to be packed.

That would be my suggestion. It might go something like this, "Honey, I'm going on a cruise and here are your choices. Come with me and pay for it, or don't come with and REALLY pay for it"!

If you ever have any questions on how to save money for Disney, I'd be happy to help! :)

A good site for tips on saving is mousesavers.com.

Good luck with getting the relaxing vacation on the Allure!

If you ever have any questions on how to save money for Disney, I'd be happy to help! :)

A good site for tips on saving is mousesavers.com.

Good luck with getting the relaxing vacation on the Allure!

Thanks! I cant get over it! I will check that site out for sure. That amount just seems irresponsible to me!

I hope he says yes..he loves to cruise..and we were married on one....so if not the March departure, I know I can get him there for November (our tenth anniversary)..thanks to y'all!:D

Come on, HE'S A GUY!

What is always on the mind of any guy?

FOOD!

Make him something really nice for dinner, then simply ask him "Wouldn't it be nice to have this kind of food for a week straight, with great table service to go along with it? Then simply segway into the great deal you found on the cabin.

And for those of you who thought I was going to suggest you know what, go wash your mind out with soap!

Come on, HE'S A GUY!

What is always on the mind of any guy?

FOOD!

Make him something really nice for dinner, then simply ask him "Wouldn't it be nice to have this kind of food for a week straight, with great table service to go along with it? Then simply segway into the great deal you found on the cabin.

And for those of you who thought I was going to suggest you know what, go wash your mind out with soap!

I think everybody fell for that one :p.

Let us know how it goes WineDown.

Archived