How early must you wake up to see the Pitons?

8blurb13

My family and i are visiting St. Lucia in November and are hiking to a waterfall on the east side of Saint Lucia so we will not have a chance to see the pitons while we are on the island. I would really like get a view of the pitons from the ship though when it sails past them. (We are sailing on Carnival Victory) What time would we have to wake up to see them; when does the ship sail past them. Or can you see them while departing for St. Kitts?

My family and i are visiting St. Lucia in November and are hiking to a waterfall on the east side of Saint Lucia so we will not have a chance to see the pitons while we are on the island. I would really like get a view of the pitons from the ship though when it sails past them. (We are sailing on Carnival Victory) What time would we have to wake up to see them; when does the ship sail past them. Or can you see them while departing for St. Kitts?

I think it all depends on where the ship is coming from. When we sailed the Summit in April, they ship did not pass the Pitons when coming in to port in the morning if I remember correctly. At night, the ship sails to open waters first (unlike the concordia) and it was dark when we passed the side of the island with the Pitons.

St. Kitts is also a ways from St. Lucia. This is not possible.

You should probably ask this on the Carnival board. Celebrity had a Land and Sea tour to the Pitons that we did and it was spectacular. We also went to a waterfall on the land part. I would hightly recommend this if Carnival has something similar. We got to see everything on the land part to the Pitons and then had a relaxing catamaran along the coast back to the ship.

IMHO, the Pitons are not to miss. Do an excursion to them. I wouldn't count on the ship passing by.

I was on the Victory last year in April. According to the time stamp on a few pictures of the Pitons as we sailed past the time was 7:24 AM. My camera is set up to Eastern Daylight Time and I did not change it during this trip.

We weren't that close to the Pitons as we sailed past and they were shrouded in mist. Kind of like Kong Island at that point.

we had the very best view of the Pitons on our excursion

it was a snorkel excursion with the cruise line.. we were picked up at the cruise ship dock in small boat & taken to a lovely beach (very rustic) that was just in view of the magniiificent peaks We had a nice snorkeling experience & returned in time for shopping & luch near the pier........what a great day..

The two times that I've been to St. Lucia, I've done a trip with Spencer Ambrose (spencerambrose.com)

He has an excursion that gives you an island tour - including the sulphur springs and then to Jalousie Beach which sits right between the Pitons.

he offers other trips too......very nice man who does a great job.

I agree that the Pitons are not to be missed

Archived