Call me paranoid....Eurodam concern

heidik

Heidik,

We were on the Dec 17-24 cruise. We did notice vibrations, which at times were very annoying even while docked in port. Also, there was alot of rocking even when the seas were calm, it made it difficult at times to walk a straight line, and it definately was difficult to shower, thank goodness for handrails! At night, the rocking did assist with falling asleep.

Enjoy your trip, I am sure all will be fine. People have been complaining of rocking for a while now on the Eurodam and all has been ok.

i just got off the 14th. Great weather for a cruise and very little in waves. Best weather the captain had seen in 5 weeks. yes there were some vibrations but most of it minor. Because everyone has been so worried about it i probably noticed more. there were a few times i did notice the flowers on the table shaking a little and water in the glass moving. No problem in my cabin 4042 (right by the front stairs). the place i noticed it the most was the glass light fixture at the top of the front stairwell, just outside the Crow's nest. It is an elaborate fixture that looks like a big flower with glass petals. The petals would shake when we were moving and you would hear them clinking.

the vibrations are there but not affecting the operation of the ship. If it is that scary to you then for your peace of mind cancel your cruise. It was not a problem for our cruise at all. I just felt like most of the time it was normal and the rest of the time i just noticed it but kept doing what i was doing. Eurodam is a great ship and only you can decide what you can live with.

michelle

Archived