Florence -pre-paid ticket or call ahead reservation?

Are there any horror stories of people calling ahead for reservation for Uffizi or Accademia admissions? Should I just buy the tickets? group of 6 are following my lead!! in Florence with excursion "Florence on your own." It's the only safe way to see both of the above-mentioned sites, to my knowledge. I'm afraid I'm gonna chicken out and take the tour with just the Accademia for $170 or so. Help if ya can. Thanks so much!!

What is the train schedule like to travel from Rome to Florence? Our ship will be docked in Livorno on Monday, when the museums are closed, but since we will have 3-4 days in Rome precruise, I am thinking of doing a day trip to Florence so we can do this tour on our own? Is it possible to do this in one day? What about seeing Pisa on the same day? I think we may do Pisa while on the cruise to give us more time in Florence. Any other suggestions? I think a private guide will just be way too expensive for us as I want to book a balcony cabin and spend several days in Rome

I would not pre buy the tickets. I would however make a telephone reservation. They will give you six (i think) didget code and a time-dont forget to take the code number with you). Enter from the door that says tour groups/reservations. You can do the same for the Uffuzi. It really works well. And if for some reason you do not get there, you are only out the cost of the phone call.

Archived