Would I be disappointed?

krispykreme97

Are you asking for general feedback on partially obstructed cabins, or do you have a specific ship and cabin in mind? If you have a specific ship and cabin in mind you could use the search function to look for feedback on the specific cabin and ship you are considering? Also, at least one of the cruise line forums has a sticky devoted to comments on specific cabins. If no information seems available after using the search function, just post a question asking for feedback on cabin ### on the specific cruise line forum. So many people read Cruise Critic that your odds are good that another member has actually stayed in the specific cabin you are considering.

My 2 cents is if you can't afford the balcony and are saving the money for excursion you made the right tradeoff.

Many say balcony is a must, IMHO I don't agree.

The most enjoyable parts of my two alaska cruise was time up top and at the bow. Money saved is money earned for other things :D

We had an obstructed view last summer on the Zuiderdam. We have had balcony cabins in the past, on a Carribean cruise. You could see enough to know what was going on outside and if you should make a trip on deck. We got it as a compromise since I prefer not to have an inside cabin. We didn't think that we missed anything because we just went on deck when there was something we wanted to see. However, we tend not to spend much time in the room.

Would I be disappointed with an obstructed view balcony? How much is actually obstructed. Which obstructed to choose? One closes to the end of lifeboat or one in the middle of life boat?

Are you on the CCL Spirit ??.

If so that just means you cant look down the water. They are fine if you are saving a $100pp but if your saving $25pp I would get an unobstructed view

As Northern Aurora suggested, check on the cruise line boards of the ship you are talking about. A balcony that the ship has designated as "obstructed view" on their deck plans may actually not be that bad. For example, some of the Princess ships have beams going down the aft of the ship, and while they can limit space on some of those aft balconies, they certainly don't obstruct the view on most of the balcony. Not saying the cabin you're looking at will be the same, but something to keep in mind.

Archived