What To Do In Nassau With 6 Ships At Port

torchd

:mad::mad::mad:

There's going be 6 ships at port on February 10th... Disney Dream, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Ecstasy, Norwegian Epic, MSC Poesa and carnival Sensation

What is there to do on an island with that many ships/people?

There's going be 6 ships at port on February 10th... Disney Dream, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Ecstasy, Norwegian Epic, MSC Poesa and carnival Sensation

Nassau is equipped to handle the crowds, and they won't all arrive at the same time.

Check out bestonbahamas.com or shoretrips for things to do.

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

www.dolphinencounters.com

www.pirates-of-nassau.com

www.ardastra.com

Sorry I don't have a suggestion for you, but dude.. that sucks. :mad: indeed. I hope you find something fun to do.

What sucks is that we are at port in Nassau the longest out of the other 2 islands.

We are in Grand Turk from 0700 hrs - 1430 hrs (7.5 hrs total)

HMC from 0930 hrs - 1800 hrs (9.5 hrs total)

And Nassau from 0700 hrs - 1700 hrs (10 hrs total)

I'm jsut glad we spent a lot of time in HMC

New to this cruise thing and have booked our first cruise for March 26th - 30th to Bahamas, How did you find out how many ships would be in port on a specific day?? -

Click on the link and go to Cruise Destinations. Find your island and click on the day you'll be at said Island and it will tell you all ships that will be at port that day

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/

Nassau is equipped to handle the crowds, and they won't all arrive at the same time.

www.ardastra.com

My ship is the Destiny...

Disney Dream - Arrives at 0930 hrs

Carnival Destiny - Arrives at 0700 hrs

Carnival Ecstasy - Arrives at 1200 hrs

Norwegian Epic - Arrives at 0800 hrs

MSC Poesa - Arrives at 1000 hrs

Carnival Sensation - Arrives at 1200 hrs

This will prolly be a stay on ship day

How do you find out which ships are at certain ports during your cruise?

www.ardastra.com

I think I may be with the dolphins on my port day!!! :) The prices for that didn't seem unreasonable...

I'll be rolling in on the Carnival Ecstasy that day. I'm considering staying on the boat, but getting off when we port in Freeport. Or will it be just as busy? Hmm.

Yes, please stay on the boat rofl ;) :p

Just kidding :D

Hi mnjen- Freeport is unlikely to be overly busy. Most cruisers take an excursion or go to Our Lucaya.

Freeport is an industrial port. It is a working port more than a tourist port.

Ah, I didn't know that. I'm a Bahamas newbie :) Thank you!

Yes, please stay on the boat rofl ;) :p

Just kidding :D

Hey now! :(

:D

I was in Nassau on the Allure and there were 3-4 other ships with us at the pier. It seemed that not everyone got off the ships and used their day in Nassau to spend it with a half full ship. Frequent cruisers have the "been there, done that" kind of feeling to them when it comes to going to Nassau as that seems to be a popular stop for cruiselines. We didn't experience large crowds at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I am already in the process of booking my next cruise n will be making it a point to not have Nassau in the trip. It was a waste of time and very disappointing. Spent maybe 4 hours on the island n then went back on the ship. Too many ppl n it was dirty compared to the other islands we had just visited.

Every single ship that was planned to be there was there n it was!

I wish we would of gone there first n spent the least amount of time there n more time at Grand Turks n Half Moon Cay.

New to this cruise thing and have booked our first cruise for March 26th - 30th to Bahamas, How did you find out how many ships would be in port on a specific day?? -

there is a website www.cruisecal.com where you can research different itineraries and then compare them with your own. It is a helpful research tool to know how to plan what you want to do in port for the day

How accurate is this website? My ship (Carnival Ecstasy) isn't listed on the date we'll be in Nassau. Actually, my ship isn't listed AT ALL in March...odd? :confused:

When I checked cruisett.com, Ecstasy wasn't listed for my cruise dates either. But I checked cruisetimetables.com as someone here suggested and all the ports of call are listed as expected!

When I checked cruisett.com, Ecstasy wasn't listed for my cruise dates either. But I checked cruisetimetables.com as someone here suggested and all the ports of call are listed as expected!

I have had this happen to me as well. My ship was missing in the Bahamas :confused:But upon closer examination cruisett defaults to 2011, which I had unwittingly selected. Seems to be easy to do, with the gray font and lack of prominence highlighting that we are in 2012, not 2011 :p.

Archived