Snorkeling and personal belongings

whataboutport

Maybe this is a silly question. I did get the waterproof wallets for my ID, money, room key, etc, but what about the rest of the stuff I will be carrying that day while at port? I will have my non waterproof camera, my sunglasses, etc that I won't take with me in the water. Is it silly of me to assume it will all still be there when I get back on the boat? How large are these snorkeling boats, are there lockers or anything on board. Has anyone had anything stolen before.

From what I understand in your post, you are worried about leaving your belongings on the snorkel boat? If so, I wouldn't worry about them. I have been on too many snorkel boats to count, and have left money, keys, etc. on board with no problems. I'm not saying it could never happen, but IMO, it would be dumb to try to steal stuff considering you are on a boat, with nowhere to go. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We take minimun stuff with us. Keep our important stuff in a waterproof container that one of us wears while snorkeling. I don't think they will because they would loose business, maybe their license but, if the snorkel crew persons want my tee shirt and shoes........hope they fit!

I only carry what is needed and can fit in my waterproof waist bag (money, cruise card, credit card). Anything left on the snorkel boat is usually fine. They do still have a crew (1 or 2 people) that stays on the boat while you are snorkeling to watch your things. You don't go far from the boat to begin with and usually everyone is in the water with you. I wouldn't worry to much but as a rule of thumb, never carry something to any port/island/excursion that is not replaceable. :)

I wouldn't worry about what you leave on a boat but if going to a beach I take as little as possible, towel, change of clothes and that is about it. My sunglasses are prescription, I have a waterproof camera which I take into the water with me so there really isn't much to take ..... so far so good.

Whataboutport, Hi. I agree with others. Never had a problem aboard a snorkel/SCUBA boat.

Laying money and jewelry and cameras on a beach or in a Rent-a-car anywhere on the planet Earth???.........that's another story. Enjoy. Locomotiveman TOM

Check out pac safe on the internet.

We have several of their items & are so impressed.

You will also find many CCer's that use their products as well.

Great for on the cruise ship, at a resort, a beach or any type of tours.

Archived