oh no SNOW!!!

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

:(

I leave from Chicago this Saturday morning to fly to Miami for 8 days on Valor. (Valor sails Sat. at 4PM ) 6-8 inches of snow is forecast for Friday and Friday night. Yes I have insurance but that doesn't stop my increasing worry. I am SO worried and becoming a nervous wreck about plane delays. We are due to arrive in Miami at 9:15 AM so we have at most a maybe 6 hour delay window. Happy thoughts PLEASE???

Go out on Friday if you can. Airlines are generally pretty good about letting you change due to weather. I have done this before since we live in Denver and usually cruise in our snowiest month. Which reminds me to change my hair appointment to the day before the day before just in case. Best of luck and happy sailing.

Go out on Friday if you can. Airlines are generally pretty good about letting you change due to weather. I have done this before since we live in Denver and usually cruise in our snowiest month. Which reminds me to change my hair appointment to the day before the day before just in case. Best of luck and happy sailing.

The problem she may have is that the snow is supposed to start tomorrow morning and go throughout the day. Saturday would probably be better in the long run, or today. Tomorrow will stink.

I will think happy thoughts and send "get there" prayers, but even in the summer I get there a day before a cruise-JUST BECAUSE- I would call and get out of town a day early. Because any flight that was cancelled will take presidence over your flight out. Good Luck.

Hoo Boy, I did not even know there was a difference!

Just looked up our flight and we are going to midway. Whats the difference??

Midway is south of the city, O'Hare is north and a little further away.

I just went to Chicago for the first time this past April and fell in love with the city. Do yourself a favor and make sure you go to Gino's East (either location) for the best pizza on earth!

Midway is south of the city, O'Hare is north and a little further away.

I just went to Chicago for the first time this past April and fell in love with the city. Do yourself a favor and make sure you go to Gino's East (either location) for the best pizza on earth!

Thank you, I always just assumed it was O' hare.. Gino's is that in the airport?? Sounds good!!

Lonnie

As long as they get us there I am not worried about delays. :) We have a 31 hour window

Let me get this right. You live in NY and they are taking you to Jacksonville FL via Chicago?! Wow, that doesn't make any sense to me at all. Don't you wonder who puts together these flights?

Ohare. I cannot fly out Friday- too much to do at work and last minute things to take care of. I seriously thought of driving like a madwoman but I am not going to do that. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I am so worried. But thanks for a few smiles :) I wonder if the delayed flights coming into Ohare Friday evening would instead arrive all late Friday night/ early Sat. (like 2-5AM after the snow stops) so we could make our 5:30 AM Sat. flight???

The heaviest snow is suppose to be North of 80 so,Midway would probably have a better chance of getting out. Of course Midway is closer to the lake which could mean lake effect snow.

This is the big reaon why I never agree to fly in the winter.

I hope you make it!!!!!!

:(

I leave from Chicago this Saturday morning to fly to Miami for 8 days on Valor. (Valor sails Sat. at 4PM ) 6-8 inches of snow is forecast for Friday and Friday night. Yes I have insurance but that doesn't stop my increasing worry. I am SO worried and becoming a nervous wreck about plane delays. We are due to arrive in Miami at 9:15 AM so we have at most a maybe 6 hour delay window. Happy thoughts PLEASE???

This is exactly what happened to me last winter (except it was still snowing when I left). By flying out the morning after the storm, you should be ok. Particularly since you are on the first flight of the day. You may have a bit of a delay for de-icing, but you will get out. The earlier in the day you are set to fly out, the better. Delays will stack up as the day goes on.

Accuweather is still only predicting a little over 4 inches for O'Hare, and as others have posted, the snow is supposed to stop by around 8 or 9pm.

Honestly, I would be more concerned if you were flying out Friday afternoon because your flight would probably be canceled and you would have to scramble to find available seats on Saturday.

Ohare. I cannot fly out Friday- too much to do at work and last minute things to take care of. I seriously thought of driving like a madwoman but I am not going to do that. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I am so worried. But thanks for a few smiles :) I wonder if the delayed flights coming into Ohare Friday evening would instead arrive all late Friday night/ early Sat. (like 2-5AM after the snow stops) so we could make our 5:30 AM Sat. flight???

If it is bad enough that planes can't land, they won't be taking off either. So there should be equipment available for your flight. Especially if you are on UAL or AA.

Let me get this right. You live in NY and they are taking you to Jacksonville FL via Chicago?! Wow, that doesn't make any sense to me at all. Don't you wonder who puts together these flights?

I don't even ask anymore. A few months ago, I was flying to upstate NY (about 700 miles from here). One airline was going to route me through Charlotte, NC to get there. Another was through DC. I just drove.

Archived