B vs A concierge cabins

heidik

Is there any difference between the A and B cabins on the Marina besides deck level and proximity to the Concierge Lounge?

Uh.....I think I just found my answer -- only the A's are concierge verandahs - correct? Boy am I confusing the heck out of myself...

Is there any difference between the A and B cabins on the Marina besides deck level and proximity to the Concierge Lounge?

Uh.....I think I just found my answer -- only the A's are concierge verandahs - correct? Boy am I confusing the heck out of myself...

B's are veranda cabins but not entitled to the perks of concierge level

A & B cabins are the same size

Heidik, below is the list of Concierge cabin amenities on Marina over and above those of a standard Veranda cabin (from the O website). LHT28 is correct that the veranda cabins (Concierge and non) are identical in size and layout, right down to that loathesome shower setup.

IMHO the concierge wasnt overly helpful but the Concierge Lounge was a nice feature which we used frequently (for quick breakfasts and for coffees in the evening after dinner, plus newspaper access). The house champagne was quite good. Never used the lap blanket, the toiletries or the pressing/shoe shine service.

The 'priority restaurant reservations' refers to how many days in advance of sailing you can log on to book time slots at the restaurants. But you can still only reserve a total of four reservations ahead of time, one at each of the specialty restaurants (not counting La Reserve).

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Amenities

(In Addition to Receiving All Stateroom Amenities)

• Exclusive Access to Private Concierge Lounge
  • Services of a Dedicated Concierge
  • Refrigerated Mini-Bar with Free and Unlimited Soft Drinks and Bottled Water Replenished Daily
  • Welcome Bottle of Champagne
  • Laptop Computer with Wireless Internet Access+
  • L’Occitane Toiletries
  • 1,000-Thread-Count Linens
  • Cashmere Lap Blanket
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises Logo Tote Bag

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Privileges

• Priority Early Embarkation and Dedicated Check-In Desk
  • Priority Luggage Delivery
  • Priority Restaurant Reservations in Toscana, Polo Grill, Jacques and Red Ginger
  • Complimentary Shoe Shine
  • Complimentary Pressing of Garments upon Embarkation++

+Internet usage charges apply.

++Limitations apply.

We also liked the concierge lounge. I think it's more useful if you're on deck 9 (which is where the lounge is.) We were in A4 - forward port - and liked the room. It's not obvious to me that there are any particular advantages to "higher level" concierge class (A1 through A3) rooms, and many are not on deck 9 which reduces the utility of the lounge. Our room keys were coded so that they unlocked the concierge class lounge.

Another concierge class advantage, which oddly is not included in Oceania's list, is that there is a more comprehensive room service breakfast option. Below concierge class it's only a continental breakfast option. In concierge there are omelets, etc. available. We learned of this only because there were no forms in the room for the continental breakfast option. When we asked we were told there were forms for the concierge class room service breakfast option in the desk drawer. As on Celebrity, we enjoy having our breakfast on the veranda if the weather is good.

We had an A4 on the Marina and most of the benefits seemed to look better on paper. We were one of the last to get our luggage. So much for priority delivery. Priority embarkation was a joke in Miami but not really necessary. There were 10 couples on the regular line and all were taken before us who were next on the priority line. The sheets and toiletries were no big deal. The concierge was convenient for information but he couldn't anything special. My wife used the lounge often in the morning to read so that she wouldn't wake me. It was also nice that drinks were offered around the clock. Without a doubt, the wi-fi was the worst and most expensive at sea in my opinion and the in-room notebooks were better used as paperweights. The garment pressing was limited to one item.

Going from a B1 to an A4 might be worth is but not a B4 to an A1. It was nice but not worth much IMHO.

Archived