shipboard expenses

paulfl

I have read the best way to pay is with a credit card. We have none. If we use a debit card, how much do they put on hold (as we would have to put that money in the back before we sailed or they would not let us on the boat with say $1000 on it right? Can someone tell me exactly how much they hold? BTW: we will have over $500 in OBC do they take this into account? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Mike things are a little clearer now. We plan to pre pay all charges so if we have $500 OBC they will now hold no more than $300 from our pre paid amex card provided we do not spend more. Is this accurate?

Thanks Mike things are a little clearer now. We plan to pre pay all charges so if we have $500 OBC they will now hold no more than $300 from our pre paid amex card provided we do not spend more. Is this accurate?

I'm not sure. Those threads sounded like there was a bit of variability in it.

I have read the best way to pay is with a credit card. We have none. If we use a debit card, how much do they put on hold (as we would have to put that money in the back before we sailed or they would not let us on the boat with say $1000 on it right? Can someone tell me exactly how much they hold? BTW: we will have over $500 in OBC do they take this into account? Thanks in advance.

Without trying to be personal, can you please advise as to how and where you obtained over $500 in on board credits. We are sailing on the Pearl in March for our first ever cruise, and our tour company (Virgin Cruises) offered ZERO. $500 would be more than our intended total spend for the whole 7 nignt cruise.

Without trying to be personal, can you please advise as to how and where you obtained over $500 in on board credits. We are sailing on the Pearl in March for our first ever cruise, and our tour company (Virgin Cruises) offered ZERO. $500 would be more than our intended total spend for the whole 7 nignt cruise.

not sure if it is for all ships but if you book a haven suite with your AMEX card (ours is pre paid) you bet OBD listed here

http://www2.ncl.com/specials-and-promotions/preferred-programs

not sure if it is for all ships but if you book a haven suite with your AMEX card (ours is pre paid) you bet OBD listed here

http://www2.ncl.com/specials-and-promotions/preferred-programs

Thanks for that, but all that seems to be regarding booking the cruise direct with Norwegian Cruise Line. We booked ours through Virgin Cruise Holidays

Thanks for that, but all that seems to be regarding booking the cruise direct with Norwegian Cruise Line. We booked ours through Virgin Cruise Holidays

I do believe that the AMEX deal requires you to book directly with NCL, but it can't hurt to ask your Travel Agent. To take advantage of this deal, I had to pay IN FULL the entire cost with my AMEX. In my case, this required NCL to credit my VISA for my prepaid shore excursions and then charge those plus my entire cruise cost to my AMEX card. I was also able to advantage of a price drop this week so in the end, it was worth the hassle!

Since your debit card is essentially cash, just bring the cash! No "holds" on cash, like they do on a debit card!

But seeing as there are 4 of us sailing they will want $2800 cash After we have paid all charges, is this not correct??

I do believe that the AMEX deal requires you to book directly with NCL, but it can't hurt to ask your Travel Agent. To take advantage of this deal, I had to pay IN FULL the entire cost with my AMEX. In my case, this required NCL to credit my VISA for my prepaid shore excursions and then charge those plus my entire cruise cost to my AMEX card. I was also able to advantage of a price drop this week so in the end, it was worth the hassle!

AMEX deal does not require you to book direct. TA just has to enter PGAXOC when making the reservation. I used a TA and have it plus the Latitude promo for our next cruise plus an additional $250 from our TA for a total $900 OBC. Our 30th anniversary cruise will be extra fun just trying to spend all the OBC!:):D:cool:

AMEX deal does not require you to book direct. TA just has to enter PGAXOC when making the reservation. I used a TA and have it plus the Latitude promo for our next cruise plus an additional $250 from our TA for a total $900 OBC. Our 30th anniversary cruise will be extra fun just trying to spend all the OBC!:):D:cool:

That's awesome!

Archived