Clearwater, St. Pete's Beach, or ???

firstcruiserDB

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this area, and can help us find a great place to stay for a few days after our cruise? We'd love a resort right on the beach with great restaurants closeby. I've looked into a few resorts in Clearwater, St. Pete's Beach, and North Redington Beach. I'd love to hear from someone who has been there or has first-hand knowledge of the area.

Where is the best area? The best beach? It will just be DH and I....no kids. We will be ending our vacation in this area after our cruise. We'd love to have a great resort to end our trip!

Is there anyone that can help us find a great resort??

Thanks!

Last year we stayed pre-cruise on Clearwater Beach. That is a beautiful area. We were on a pretty tight budget at the time, so we spent 3 nights at the Travelodge. It is a great location. Right across the street from the beach with no buildings obstructing your view. However, it's definitely not a resort. But there was a Hyatt Regency about a block away that looked AMAZING!! I would highly recommend something in that area as Clearwater became my favorite stateside beach!!!

My husband and I love St Pete Bch as it does not seem as crowded as Clwt Bch. We have stayed at the Alden all Suites Beach resort several times. All of the rooms are suites which have a separate living room area, dining area and small kitchen. The hotel is clean and offers plenty to do: 2 pools, tennis courts, hot tubs, beach bar, beach toy rentals etc.

Their rates are some of the best around too. We usually book a Burmuda Suite which is like a studio- just a wall that separates the living and dining area from the bedroom. These suites have a king bed and either a garden or pool view. It is just a few steps from the beach. There is a small balcony area that has 2 chairs and a small table. It is nice. They also have beach front suites as well. They have a covered parking area that cannot be entered without a keycard, so that's kind of nice as well. The covered parking is also a necessity in the Fla heat. Here is the hotel link

www.aldenbeachresort.com

In addition, there are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance.

The Tradewinds resort on SPB is very nice too but a little more $$ than the Alden and rooms are not suites. Another good choice is the Sirata Resort but again, just hotel rooms not suites.

Good luck

:):)

I really appreciate your posts and opinions!

Have you ever heard of the GRAND PLAZA BEACHFRONT RESORT in St. Pete Beach?? It's a round building right on the beach.

They have a beachfront room with a balcony for a much better price than the bigger resorts.

Just wondering if you have seen or heard of it...

Thanks so much!

I really appreciate your posts and opinions!

Have you ever heard of the GRAND PLAZA BEACHFRONT RESORT in St. Pete Beach?? It's a round building right on the beach.

They have a beachfront room with a balcony for a much better price than the bigger resorts.

Just wondering if you have seen or heard of it...

Thanks so much!

Yes, I stayed there when it was the Hilton. It is a nice place. The hotel has a revolving restaurant and lounge on the top floor. Great views.

:)

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this area, and can help us find a great place to stay for a few days after our cruise? We'd love a resort right on the beach with great restaurants closeby. I've looked into a few resorts in Clearwater, St. Pete's Beach, and North Redington Beach. I'd love to hear from someone who has been there or has first-hand knowledge of the area.

Where is the best area? The best beach? It will just be DH and I....no kids. We will be ending our vacation in this area after our cruise. We'd love to have a great resort to end our trip!

Is there anyone that can help us find a great resort??

Thanks!

Look into Treasure Island. It's between Clearwater and St. Pete Beach. The beaches are wide and the area is great!

We just did a trip to st. Pete's beach this last weekend and we stayed at Sirata. We loved it. It is older but really clean and nice....3 pools two of which are heated and a nice temp. Hot tub.. Beach bars..only thing I didnt like was extra for parking and wifi, which we didn't get.....but we had a great view of the beach... I did a Priceline bid for st. Pete and this is what I got for a great price...will do again next time we go....

Look into Treasure Island. It's between Clearwater and St. Pete Beach. The beaches are wide and the area is great!

I agree I love Treasure Island! That beach is beautiful! Also there is so much within easy walking distance, lots of restaurants and shops, used to be a Winn Dixie ( not sure if it is still there ). It has been 4 years since I have been in the area, and I cant recommend any hotels, as we used to have a condo in the area, but there are many hotels/motels. I also enjoy Madeira beach. Nothing wrong with St Pete Beach either, or Clearwater beach, but as someone else has noted, Clearwater beach, both beach and streets can seem very crowded at times. Have a great time whichever you choose.:)

Archived