Obc.

Yorkiebargirl

If one is lucky enough to aquire an OBC from someone, nearer the sailing time, and some how do not manage to spend it:eek: Can what is left be given to the crew fund. I am not trying to be cheap but if everyone who has not spent it all did that,that could be quite a nice bonus for the fund. I like the idea of the $$$ folded and given. We did similar on last cruise but in an envelope for all, it really was appreciated.

If one is lucky enough to aquire an OBC from someone, nearer the sailing time, and some how do not manage to spend it:eek: Can what is left be given to the crew fund. I am not trying to be cheap but if everyone who has not spent it all did that,that could be quite a nice bonus for the fund. I like the idea of the $$$ folded and given. We did similar on last cruise but in an envelope for all, it really was appreciated.

Do you mean as a general donation to the crew fund?

I think someone has already answered your questions re OBC to the crew fund and it was done via the Pursers office or Seabourn Square.

What I think I meant was, is OBC treated "differently" than real money. If you do not use it all what happens to it, can it be given to the crew fund. So no that question was not answered in the previous question. If you re-read it you will see that.

aneBP just said she added it to her account, but that still does not answer the question. Unless the norm is accounts with money in them when you leave get sent to crew account and I am sure that does not happen.

Edited by Yorkiebargirl

Was reading both the SB and the SS boards the other day and Host Dan had answered a question about unused OBC being donated to the crew fund on SS - on the SS thread about "extra tipping" - so I got the wrong thread to answer your question but I knew I had seen it somewhere and to be honest was just trying to help you :)

Anyway Dan would know what happens on SB I'm sure.

JaneBP - it was me who Yorkiebargirl thinks misunderstood!

The Crew Fund donation is an option many feel is well-deserved. You simply ask a purser to donate any amount you wish to the crew welfare fund. The amount may be charged to your on-board account, or be paid in cash. Since you will have obc dollars in your account, those dollars can be directed by you to the fund. I hope this helps.

Edited by Winner

• 3 years later...