Miami Beach? South Beach hotels?

sk84fungirl

Happy New Year CCers!

Here I am with another hotel question :p

So, here's the deal...we're cruising out of POM 3/25. My fellow cruiser has never been to Miami with the exception of attending a baseball game. I typically stay downtown before a cruise. Preferably at the Intercontinental.

We're going to be using award points and have a few hotel options that we are deciding between. They include:

• Beacon Hotel
  • Edgewater South Beach
  • Daddy O Hotel Miami
  • Mandarin Oriental
  • Grand Beach

If none of the above work out we will stay downtown at either the Four Seasons or Conrad Miami since the Intercontinental is not available.

Any experience or thoughts on the 5 beach hotels? Location, property management, rooms, etc?

Thanks!

Happy New Year CCers!

So, here's the deal...we're cruising out of POM 3/25. My fellow cruiser has never been to Miami with the exception of attending a baseball game. I typically stay downtown before a cruise. Preferably at the Intercontinental.

We're going to be using award points and have a few hotel options that we are deciding between. They include:

• Beacon Hotel
  • Edgewater South Beach
  • Daddy O Hotel Miami
  • Mandarin Oriental
  • Grand Beach

If none of the above work out we will stay downtown at either the Four Seasons or Conrad Miami since the Intercontinental is not available.

Any experience or thoughts on the 5 beach hotels? Location, property management, rooms, etc?

Thanks!

We are staying in the Sagamore hotel in South Beach and have been told its very good and in a great beach location. May be worth trying or checking it out

Declan

Happy New Year CCers!

• Beacon Hotel
  • Edgewater South Beach
  • Daddy O Hotel Miami
  • Mandarin Oriental
  • Grand Beach

Thanks!

Oh Lawsy fungirl! You are all over the place!

The Mandarin Oriental is a luxury hotel on Brickell Key (parts of Bad Boys II with Will Smith were filmed there). You can't even compare it to the others.

As far as the ones on your list, I would go with the Beacon.

The Edgewater is cool but I'm not sure how thin the walls are and since it is right smack dab in the middle of Ocean Drive, if they haven't redone the thickness of the walls, you will have a hard time sleeping at night.

Of course if you are going to party, it will not matter.

Do you want to be pampered in luxury or sip Mojitos with Diddy or JLo on South Beach?

Neither the Daddy O or Grand Beach are in South Beach so I'd go ahead and mark them off your list.

Archived