Offer for free cruise

bearette1017

I received a note in the mail on Friday that said Congratulations, then had the Carnival logo on the top. The next line read: Congratulations, you were verified and as a result of this offer your name and ticketing number have been issued. You will receive an 8-Day/7-Night Cruise for 2 with an outside cabin, leaving from any major port in the U.S. The next paragraph said to call within 48 hours and I will receive a bonus, 2 round-trip airfares to any major airport in the continental U.S. There is a phone number, hours of operation, and a Offer # also.

Do you think this is legit? Has anyone else received this offer. I usually throw these things out, but because they show the carnival logo it got me wondering. We are already booked on the Pride in May.

Thanks, Sherry

These threads used to start daily, so they must not be sending this out as much. Of course it is legit .. but free .. no. You pay FEES (which are whatever fees they choose to add on) and taxes.

I found a site where I can book cheaper than these discounted cruises. I did one, and got the worst cabin on the ship, one usually used for storage. Green tv, that you couldnt see, but I did get the cruise. Not enough of a discount I would do it again. Lots of bait and switch. Only a few ports you can pick from. Mine said a cruise from Galveston, which turned out to be .. only if you paid full price.

Not worth what you have to do to get the offer. Look for a bargain on Carnival site, better and easier to book.

Yeah, if you just have to go listen to some stupid hr timeshare and pay taxes then its well worth it. But, yeah you can call Carnival too and ask if they have heard anything. Alot of people frown upon these offers, but it really is 50/50 as I have learned from past experience that some are true.

I am confident in saying that this sounds like a scam. It could be a time-share sales scheme.

Umm actually the time share ones are the true ones. Its the non timeshare ones that just want you to send the money and trust them that are the fake ones. They wouldn't dare promote a cruise to come look at one of their timeshares and not give it to you. That would then cause alot of problems for them if they did not deliver.

There are a couple of old threads around here about that same offer. There are some variations but it's usually to sell you an overpriced travel plan or time share. You have to pay deposits up front then send them 3 dates you can travel, then the run around starts. The taxes and fees they ask you to pay are almost as much as discount rates you can get anywhere, including on Carnival.com and I've never heard of anyone actually getting to take the cruise.

There are a couple of old threads around here about that sane offer. There are some variations but it's usually to sell you an overpriced travel plan or time share. You have to pay deposits up front then send them 3 dates you can travel, then the run around starts. The taxes and fees they ask you to pay are almost as much as discount rates you can get anywhere, including on Carnival.com and I've never heard of anyone actually getting to take the cruise.

Well I am one of those people who have taken a cruise and only paid port taxes. What is wrong with you people. So damn negative. Dude, check it out online and see if its a scam. Take this as future reference to never ask about this ever again on this site because this is one of the many things that so many people on here think they are "educated" on and they are NOT. Some are, don't get me wrong. But alot of people have no idea what they are talking about unless they are like firefly or myself who have actually experienced one of these deals. And we both say they ARE legit.

Yeah, if you just have to go listen to some stupid hr timeshare and pay taxes then its well worth it. But, yeah you can call Carnival too and ask if they have heard anything. Alot of people frown upon these offers, but it really is 50/50 as I have learned from past experience that some are true.

I disagree, its NOT worth it... and I did it. You forgot the FEES and taxes.. its not just paying the taxes. You missed the FEES.

yes, they try and sell you on a vacation club, so they will swear to you honestly its not a time share (same thing to me just you dont get any deed, just a horrible vacation club you would not want).

Scam. My friend did it and was determined to get the free cruise. They gave him a run around, changing dates, giving restricted dates etc. He eventually just gave up, which is what they expect.

I kept getting the run around and contacted better business bureau .. and surprise they found a cruise out of new orleans to put me on. They tried a bait and switch to miami on me.. first they sent me the prices for a bunch of upgrades at full price out of galveston. We went round and round as if Im totally stupid. Luckily Im not.

I get something saying congratulations you have just won.....and I run. So fast that onetime an airline call me to congratulate me on winning a pair of plane tickets. Right I said-and...and..what do I have to do for these "free" tickets. Well, nothing I actually had won them with one of those forms you fill out.

Throw it away. Don't call the number. No one has a reason to give you or anyone else a free cruise. Think about it...what does this company that you have never heard of get out of paying for your vacation? If you had actually won a free cruise...would you be notified with a cheap post card? Doesn't it kind of look like something that was sent to thousands of people? If a company is giving away a high ticket item like a cruise...they would want to get a ton of publicity to generate sales or goodwill. Like maybe a car dealership that would get on the radio 100 times a day trying to get you to come look at their lot. They don't quietly send out one 5 cent postcard to the winner and then write a big check. They send out a ton of them and hope a few people fall for it. Don't be one of them!

Archived