Sun Princess Review - Fijian Jewels 11/1/12 - 22/1/12

fayfam

Hi Nicki

You won't be disappointed with the Sun Princess. Even though it is quite a few years old, it never looked tired or worn. Maintenance staff were always out oiling the teak rails, painting, cleaning etc.

Kerry :)

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your positive thoughts. It is funny about certain ships, isn't it? We sailed on Pacific Princess in Jan 2011 from LA to Sydney. We found the ship to be in such a bad state, but nothing that prevented us from having the time of our lives, but certainly very noticeable, especially compared to other ships.

It is natural to compare the ships in the same fleet of one company, but as long as the ships condition doesn't impact on your holiday, what the heck! Get out there, meet new people and have a good time - whether that is enjoying the activities, reading a book, eating yourself silly or doing a big fat nothing - go for it!! We had the time of our lives and sailing back into Sydney Harbour was such an emotional time for us, and the Aussie crew, especially after such a long time away!

By the way, I think we have your weather at the moment - raining cats and dogs and numerous other animals and you guys are sweltering!! How crazy!

Nicki

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your positive thoughts. It is funny about certain ships, isn't it? We sailed on Pacific Princess in Jan 2011 from LA to Sydney. We found the ship to be in such a bad state, but nothing that prevented us from having the time of our lives, but certainly very noticeable, especially compared to other ships.

It is natural to compare the ships in the same fleet of one company, but as long as the ships condition doesn't impact on your holiday, what the heck! Get out there, meet new people and have a good time - whether that is enjoying the activities, reading a book, eating yourself silly or doing a big fat nothing - go for it!! We had the time of our lives and sailing back into Sydney Harbour was such an emotional time for us, and the Aussie crew, especially after such a long time away!

By the way, I think we have your weather at the moment - raining cats and dogs and numerous other animals and you guys are sweltering!! How crazy!

Nicki

Hi Nicki

Oh, I wish it would rain here. It is such a dry heat. When we arrived home on Sunday, most of my Robinia trees had their leaves burnt from the heat.

I see you have sailed on the Sapphire Princess. How did you find that? We are looking at taking a Pacific Coastal cruise from LA on the Sapphire in 2014. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Nicki

Oh, I wish it would rain here. It is such a dry heat. When we arrived home on Sunday, most of my Robinia trees had their leaves burnt from the heat.

I see you have sailed on the Sapphire Princess. How did you find that? We are looking at taking a Pacific Coastal cruise from LA on the Sapphire in 2014. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Kerry,

It is a really long story. I would love to fill you in. We were due to sail, and received a phone call the day before offering us an offload!! Such a dilemma, and so funny!! Would love to share it with you.

Please drop me a line via email and as soon as I have your address, I will madly type, filling you in, while listening to the pouring rain and drinking Milo!!!

Nicki

nicster@internode.on.net

Hi Kerry,

It is a really long story. I would love to fill you in. We were due to sail, and received a phone call the day before offering us an offload!! Such a dilemma, and so funny!! Would love to share it with you.

Please drop me a line via email and as soon as I have your address, I will madly type, filling you in, while listening to the pouring rain and drinking Milo!!!

Nicki

nicster@internode.on.net

Thanks Nicki.

Great review Kerry. I agree the dining room on Sun Princess is very good as are all the dining options. The benefits of having 2 entertainment lounges (Princess Theatre and Vista lounge) is abonus particularly on longer cruises. We spent 21 days on her last year to South East Asia and had an absolute joy of a time Mark was the CD and Frenchie was his assistant (she could be a bit over the top at times but each to their own).

Captain Froude was very visible around the vship and would often stop and chat and enquire about the experience on board. Cannot wait to again sail on Her. Keep cruising Kerry and keep up the reviews. Unlike some far more experienced? cruisers on these threads.:)

Great review Kerry. I agree the dining room on Sun Princess is very good as are all the dining options. The benefits of having 2 entertainment lounges (Princess Theatre and Vista lounge) is abonus particularly on longer cruises. We spent 21 days on her last year to South East Asia and had an absolute joy of a time Mark was the CD and Frenchie was his assistant (she could be a bit over the top at times but each to their own).

Captain Froude was very visible around the vship and would often stop and chat and enquire about the experience on board. Cannot wait to again sail on Her. Keep cruising Kerry and keep up the reviews. Unlike some far more experienced? cruisers on these threads.:)

Which cruise were you on? We did a 21 night on the Sun P to Asia last year when Mark was CD and Frenchie the deputy.

Sorry Aus Traveller it was 23rd May 2010 sailing. I still have not gotten used to 2012, but the cruise was that good it still seems like yesterday.

Only regret was mising Bangkok (Due to Red Shirt disturbances but we did benefit with an overnight in Singapore in lieu.:o:confused::o

Sorry Aus Traveller it was 23rd May 2010 sailing. I still have not gotten used to 2012, but the cruise was that good it still seems like yesterday.

Only regret was mising Bangkok (Due to Red Shirt disturbances but we did benefit with an overnight in Singapore in lieu.:o:confused::o

I know what you mean about saying"last year" when it is still very early in this year. I have to stop and think. :):) Our cruise was great and the Sun P beautiful as usual.

Great review, really enjoyed it.

Robyn

Thanks Robyn

It is a great ship, isn't it. As for Frenchie, I remember when we were watching the Wake Show, she asked which country Port Denaru was in??? She must travel to a lot of countries. Arthur our Cabin Steward did tell us that they all jump to get on the Aus/NZ cruises. He said the Aussies and NZ's are the most laid back and easy going passengers to cruise with.Thanks again for your lovely comments.

Thanks Robyn

It is a great ship, isn't it. As for Frenchie, I remember when we were watching the Wake Show, she asked which country Port Denaru was in??? She must travel to a lot of countries. Arthur our Cabin Steward did tell us that they all jump to get on the Aus/NZ cruises. He said the Aussies and NZ's are the most laid back and easy going passengers to cruise with.Thanks again for your lovely comments.

That is what we were told also. :D The crew are happy with their pay scale and are quite happy with the 'no-tips' policy.

We also had a great time on this cruise.

Loved the shows and the ventriliquist and LaForza were terrific.

Staff were great, our waiters were fantastic. Frenchie left this cruise with another guy from the team. We had fun at the activities, with two bingo wins, trivia win, family feud win, two wake show prizes, prizes in poker tournaments and a win in the egg drop challenge between us.

Loved being elite (especially laundry and tender priority). Also got to go to the Captains lunch and sat at Senior Doctors table.

Thinking of booking a NZ cruise in October.:)

Archived