Where to buy high end jewlery in St. Martin

txbighair

Hi there- we are heading to St. Thomas, St. Martin and the Bahamas in 2 weeks. Does anyone have a recomendation on buys jewlery? I want a new watch...I have been saving forever! Would you buy in St. Martin or St. Thomas?

Hi there- we are heading to St. Thomas, St. Martin and the Bahamas in 2 weeks. Does anyone have a recomendation on buys jewlery? I want a new watch...I have been saving forever! Would you buy in St. Martin or St. Thomas?

Either St Maarten or St Thomas...however.."know your prices" and merchandise.. educate yourself before sailing...you might do better online or in your own hometown where the security & service of dealing with someone local you can easily return to if there is ever a problem...Good luck...

We can reccomend DK Jewelers http://www.dkgemsint.com/dkgems_site.html . Know what you want to spend, know what comparable pricing would be in the US or Canada and take it from there.

We also watch shop while on the island. We can suggest Little Switzerland http://www.littleswitzerland.com/ and try and deal with Meleva Richardson. We can also suggest Art of Time http://artoftimejewelers.com/contactinfo/ .

Many to choose from in Havensight..DS got a great deal on a GShock watch from Royal Caribbean (not associated with RCI) at their Havensight location...Saw lots of high end transactions going on at many of these jewelry stores...but educate yourself before going...Best of Luck !!

I would probably buy in St. Maarten, but there's not enough information here for a recommendation.

If you've been saving forever for a new watch, I hope you've selected the exact model of watch that you want and know the price at home and the price online to compare to when you visit the shops while on your cruise.

gary

I have bought many pieces of jewelry in St. Martin and St. Thomas. In the past, the prices were good and the selection was excellent. I was just in St. Martin this week. Times have changed. Prices are up, selection is not as good as it once was, and many stores have closed. Artistic Jewelers is my favorite. Columbian Emeralds and Little Switzerland are very reliable. Know what you are shopping for in advance. Do not go to Diamonds International. They are not reliable.

I have bought numerous pieces from Effy. But go in there expecting dirt cheap prices- you will get more for your money than at home- lets say 14k instead of 10 k for example- butI have had pieces for years and they still look brand new like they should and I didn't spend a fortune.

yes, have a good idea of prices.

good luck

Brockmom

I would probably buy in St. Maarten, but there's not enough information here for a recommendation.

gary

If anyone would like to PM me I'd be willing to divulge some of the 'deals' I've received. For customs/tax purposes I'd rather not broadcast numbers and percentages. We've done very well on Front St. in comparison to shopping at home, and we have certified appraisals to support our claims.

We cannot comment on SXM vs St.Thomas as we have not shopped there.

Archived