Beach Comparison

athena73

Sis and I have signed up for the Dolphin and Beach excursion through Carnival. The dolphins are at Antony's (sp) Cay and the beach is Tabyana. Would we be better off switching to the Dolphin experience without the beach and going back to Mahogany Bay for some beach time, or sticking with Tabyana?

Thanks!

Better off is maybe not the right way to say that. I guess I am wondering if the beaches are about the same. Is it worth the extra money for Tabyana than it would be to go to Mahogany Bay beach?

In my personal option no one should miss seeing West Bay Beach, the beach where Tabyana is locate. Those people who dream of beaches, white fluffy sand, clear blue water... palm trees, they are dreaming of West Bay Beach and don't know it..the place is beyond beautiful.

I have only seen pics of Mahogany Bay, what I know is it is on the other side if the island, the wind ward side and the sand was hauled in to make the beach. Not so much with the natural.

with all that said...personal opinion abounds.

Having been to both beaches, yes to Tabayana. You'll see mahogany Bay beach when you dock. It's in a cove. the water isn't pristine clear due to the silty bottom. Tabayana is much better sand. The problem with Tabayana is most cruise excursions go there so it can be crowded. Also this attracts the vendors. They're not pests and are only trying to make their living and will not bother you if you politely say "No Thank You". However, the numbers of them can make their presence a nuisance. Savign grace, depending on time, you can walk away from the area the excursion drops you off and find another spot along the beach (Tabayana is technically/geographically the name for the enitre West Bay beaches), or hire a small boat to take you out snorkeling away from the direct beach which can get busy with boat traffic. Just watch your time so you don't miss the excursion bus back to Mahogany Bay.

Crewsweeper,

Can you explain how the return transfer works with the cruiseline excursion to Tabayana? is there a particular spot to wait to get the bus( Is it a bus?) back to the ship. How far ahead do you have be ready to leave? We are only in port from 700am to 3 pm. From what I have read and have seen in pictures I wish it was a longer stay:(.

Archived