What is Your Reaction to This?

sail7seas

What I started to post above is "X" also visited my snail mail box today. Spmething about LuXury Celebrations.

They must really want us to buy a cruise from them. :D

Agressive marketing going on from them this week.

You could consider yourself special that you were invited on an X cruise. Or, you could chill out and remove yourself from their mailing list. You can decide what action is most appropriate.

As I wrote earlier, I didn't then, and don't now, understand what the big broo ha ha was about. The letter from HAL seems fine, just as the letter from Celebrity seemed fine. No harm done.

I agree. Thank you for sharing a calm, rational opinion RevNeal!

Here's food for thought...I wonder how many would criticize that the cruise lines were hiding in guilty shame because they DIDN'T send anything out.

:confused:

I still find it distasteful but respect others are reading it differently than I am.

I have no desire for HAL to send any sort of similar letter

well, sail7seas, so what do you say now??

===============================

Dear Mariner:

BLAH BLAH BLAH..

sig_sm.jpg

Stein Kruse

President & CEO

I can appreciate the need for cruise line companies to address this horrible situation and offer reassurance to their market...but quite frankly ,I assumed that a vessel worth millions , transporting thousands,.. safety and staff expertise ,was a given.

What I haven't seen addressed, is if there is any psychological vetting of those who we entrust with our safety. It appears to me,the personality of Concordia's Captain ,was her passengers greatest safety threat.

His cavalier attitude, did not suddenly manifest itself one evening off the Tuscon coast.

ARIZONA HAS A COAST??????:eek: ;) ;)

I'm not sure if you are serious or being funny..:confused::confused: Just in case you are serious are you aware that the Island of Giglio is on the Tuscan Coast..Therefore the poster was correct in her post about the ship running aground off the Tuscan coast..

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=tuscan+coast

But, if your post was meant to be funny then I must apologize for being dense!:o

cheers..

What I started to post above is "X" also visited my snail mail box today. Spmething about LuXury Celebrations.

They must really want us to buy a cruise from them. :D

Agressive marketing going on from them this week.

It's probably because they know that their Smoking Policy would suit you far better than HAL's;)

Oh lighten up....just having a bit of fun.....my goodness. You are correct, feel better?

I guess your spelling oversight wasn't quite as much fun as mine....Fun at another's expense ...hmmm what do they call that again...oh yeah... unkind.

Ahh ...now I feel better.

It's probably because they know that their Smoking Policy would suit you far better than HAL's;)

That must be it. :D

Shame there isn't much else there we liked our last "X" cruise.

Of course, our last cruise, smoking rules were very different.

There's nothing we want at Celebrity and their letter didn' t help in any way....... I found it distasteful going to someone who has shown no interest in them in a great many years.

IMO.......

I guess your spelling oversight wasn't quite as much fun as mine....Fun at another's expense ...hmmm what do they call that again...oh yeah... unkind.

Ahh ...now I feel better.

Yes, I made a mistake....Oh my, isn't the first time, won't be the last.....I wasn't being unkind....I wasn't being mean....hence the wink.....I thought it was funny....WE ALL MAKE typos, and that's what I took it as....I too made a mistake I read it as TuCson instead of Tuscon. I booboo'd have at it....I can take a joke. I'm not so thin skinned.

Actually I think my mistake is even funnier......talk about egg on my face....I can laugh at myself.

If calling me unkind makes you feel better, so be it.....Just remember I didn't call you ANYTHING.

Sail please remember when you keep saying you have no interest in Celebrity that this is a public board. Many of us read your recent question on Celebrity board. so maybe you have no real interest, but I took you at your word you were asking questions you wanted answered. You also have been public about why you like HAL less than you used to. And you have been on Celebrity before.

I could also say HAL used poor taste in sending me a letter, but I don't feel that way. If I took every sales, marketing or safety message sent to me personally I would be seriously compromised and unable to carry on.

Colleyberry has a valid point, I have a real interst in the issue of safety, more so than if the letter was sent out on correct date.

I'm not sure if you are serious or being funny..:confused::confused: Just in case you are serious are you aware that the Island of Giglio is on the Tuscan Coast..Therefore the poster was correct in her post about the ship running aground off the Tuscan coast..

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=tuscan+coast

But, if your post was meant to be funny then I must apologize for being dense!:o

cheers..

Yes I know it's off the TuscAn coast, like I said I read TuscOn as TuCson so I goofed, probably even worse. But I think that's rather funny too.....I was having a blonde moment.

Yes I know it's off the TuscAn coast, like I said I read TuscOn as TuCson so I goofed, probably even worse. But I think that's rather funny too.....I was having a blonde moment.

don't worry about a blonde moment - even redheads and brunettes get them:)

Yes, I made a mistake....Oh my, isn't the first time, won't be the last.....I wasn't being unkind....I wasn't being mean....hence the wink.....I thought it was funny....WE ALL MAKE typos, and that's what I took it as....I too made a mistake I read it as TuCson instead of Tuscon. I booboo'd have at it....I can take a joke. I'm not so thin skinned.

Actually I think my mistake is even funnier......talk about egg on my face....I can laugh at myself.

If calling me unkind makes you feel better, so be it.....Just remember I didn't call you ANYTHING.

Hi Josie ..well I guess we've gotten off on the wrong foot...let's start over. My name is Colleen and I agree ..there is no greater ability than being able to laugh at one self. I shall try harder in the future ;) I am sure I won't have a long wait.

I am usually more fun than this :)...really.;)

Archived