Island Princess Anytime Dining

ihopfar

I don't want to piggy back on someone else's thread, so I thought I would start my own.

There has been some discussion recently that some ships are more lenient than others when it comes to allowing passengers signed up for traditional dinning to eat in the anytime dining room.

I am signed up for anytime on the Island and do not want to wait longer than necessary because there are traditional dinners taking up anytime space.

For anyone who has been on the Island recently -- were they checking cruise cards and turning folks away from the anytime dining room who were not supposed to be there?

Thanks,

Brad

They were checking in October, at least at the beginning of the cruise.

I don't want to piggy back on someone else's thread, so I thought I would start my own.

There has been some discussion recently that some ships are more lenient than others when it comes to allowing passengers signed up for traditional dinning to eat in the anytime dining room.

I am signed up for anytime on the Island and do not want to wait longer than necessary because there are traditional dinners taking up anytime space.

For anyone who has been on the Island recently -- were they checking cruise cards and turning folks away from the anytime dining room who were not supposed to be there?

Thanks,

Brad

Thanks,

Brad

In September they were turning folks away. Try making a reservation in the morning. That worked well for us.

• 4 weeks later...
In September they were turning folks away. Try making a reservation in the morning. That worked well for us.

Can you make a reservation if you have anytime dining? I read people saying you had to go after 7pm if you didn't want to wait. My DH is diabetic and really needs to eat at 6pm every day.

It depends on the Maitre'D who is on that cruise. Some allow standing reservations, some require you to call each day, some allow peak time reservations, some don't...

Can you make a reservation if you have anytime dining? I read people saying you had to go after 7pm if you didn't want to wait. My DH is diabetic and really needs to eat at 6pm every day.

Then why wouldn't you book Traditional? Especially on a ship with just one Anytime dining room, the wait at 6pm could be quite long; lots of people seem to enjoy eating that early (I'll tell you that on my Coral cruise, there were always people clustered around waiting for the Anytime doors to open every single night). You're far enough out that you should have no trouble securing Early Traditional -- even being on the waitlist this far out, you'd almost certainly clear.

Archived