Springhill Suites downtown NOLA or New Orleans Convention Center?

tray

Okay, I really would have liked to have stayed at the Hilton Riverside, but we decided to book a March 2012 cruise just this January. And the weekend we sail away is the same weekend as the SEC.......so there wasn't much available in town. I did manage to grab a couple of rooms at the New Orleans Convention Center (I am sure there's a good reason why......it gets very mixed reviews on Trip Advisor!). I also see Springhill Suites in on Priceline, so I am considering going for that one instead.

I have prebooked parking at Fulton, so would love to park at Fulton and just walk to the cruise terminal (to avoid the horrible traffic everyone is predicting!).

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

Thx!!

Okay, I really would have liked to have stayed at the Hilton Riverside, but we decided to book a March 2012 cruise just this January. And the weekend we sail away is the same weekend as the SEC.......so there wasn't much available in town. I did manage to grab a couple of rooms at the New Orleans Convention Center (I am sure there's a good reason why......it gets very mixed reviews on Trip Advisor!). I also see Springhill Suites in on Priceline, so I am considering going for that one instead.

I have prebooked parking at Fulton, so would love to park at Fulton and just walk to the cruise terminal (to avoid the horrible traffic everyone is predicting!).

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

Thx!!

I'd suggest booking Springhill Suites as it's within walking distance of Fulton Place Parking and the cruise terminal also an easy walk to the French Quarter. If you can add a few days to you Fulton Place parking you could drop your luggage at the hotel then park your vehicle and not worry about it till the end of your cruise. Added Note: Fulton Place shuttle service is very efficient and they do all the driving.

I'd suggest booking Springhill Suites as it's within walking distance of Fulton Place Parking and the cruise terminal also an easy walk to the French Quarter. If you can add a few days to you Fulton Place parking you could drop your luggage at the hotel then park your vehicle and not worry about it till the end of your cruise. Added Note: Fulton Place shuttle service is very efficient and they do all the driving.

Thanks so much for your advice!! Unfortunately, I requested a room at Springhill Suites on Last Minute Travel (it said it was available), and they are now saying there are no rooms available. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me with LMT....very frustrated! So...now I am back to my reservation at New Orleans Convention Center. I just dread our stay there...the reviews have been horrible (roaches, etc). I think I'll check twice before booking a cruise out of New Orleans again....there seems to be a problem several times a year due to big events in the downtown area. :(

Archived