Sunny Isles?

sk84fungirl

Is this a good spot for a one-night precruise stay?

Several hotels are popping up as available an appear to be on the beach. How far from South Beach? and then to POM?

I expect the cab fare to run about $25 from South Beach. What about from Sunny Isles?

Thanks

Sunny Isles is a great little beachside town..lots of Brazilians and russians..my brother had a condo there for many years before moving back to Brazil...lots of neat little places..you'd have to cab it to south beach as the other poster suggested..traffic is slow moving down collins avenue to the south end of miami beach..but you'r also close to Bal Harbor which is wonderful and Miami beach proper..you are also very close to Hollywood also

Sunny Isles is a great little beachside town..lots of Brazilians and russians..my brother had a condo there for many years before moving back to Brazil...lots of neat little places..you'd have to cab it to south beach as the other poster suggested..traffic is slow moving down collins avenue to the south end of miami beach..but you'r also close to Bal Harbor which is wonderful and Miami beach proper..you are also very close to Hollywood also

Aside from the above, Sunny Isles is closer to Fort Lauderdale than the POM I believe.

I think you could be right..and lets not forget its down the street from the fabulous Aventura mall!

Aside from the above, Sunny Isles is closer to Fort Lauderdale than the POM I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping that sk84fungirl's can answer a question for me. Sorry for the topic jump here, but I saw this sk84fungirl's recent post, and per a previous post you have cruised on the MSC Poesia and have cruised with handicapped roommates.

Do you know if the beds in a POESIA Inside Handicapped Room can be put together. Based on Poesia websites they cannot. I purchased an Inside Guarantee for a Poesia cruise and was assigned a Handicapped Room assignment. I have been told by MSC that no other rooms are available so I am trying to find out if the beds can be put together.

Thank you so much.

Hoping that sk84fungirl's can answer a question for me. Sorry for the topic jump here, but I saw this sk84fungirl's recent post, and per a previous post you have cruised on the MSC Poesia and have cruised with handicapped roommates.

Do you know if the beds in a POESIA Inside Handicapped Room can be put together. Based on Poesia websites they cannot. I purchased an Inside Guarantee for a Poesia cruise and was assigned a Handicapped Room assignment. I have been told by MSC that no other rooms are available so I am trying to find out if the beds can be put together.

Thank you so much.

Curious, we had a balcony but not an accessible room on Poesia. So unfortunately, I cant help. The MSC board was really helpful when I was planning my trip two years ago. Have your posted there?

I have posted in the MSC Board, and I have not gotten a definitive answer. One responder indicated she booked a guarantee balcony room on the MSC Splendida, and her beds were pushed together in the handicapped balcony room to which she was assigned. Her photo, though, showed, an attached to the wall headboard over her queen size bed, while the photo of a MSC Poesia inside handicapped room shows an "appears to be attached" wall mirror connected to a long table/chest combo between the 2 single beds.

I also asked a "Live from MSC Fantasia" poster, but the poster indicated that all ships were designed differently and was not able to help me.

I appreciate your response to my question!

Great for one night, better for longer ..

We stayed 3 nights pre-cruise at the Newport Beach Resort

very nice, despite the reviews, on the beach, lots near by (resto, shops, grocery store)

Yes, a little far from port.

Bus runs down Collins, inexpensive if you do not want to cab.

Oh my gosh, Newport Beach Resort is FABULOUS...Kitchen 305!!

Great for one night, better for longer ..

We stayed 3 nights pre-cruise at the Newport Beach Resort

very nice, despite the reviews, on the beach, lots near by (resto, shops, grocery store)

Yes, a little far from port.

Bus runs down Collins, inexpensive if you do not want to cab.

I have to agree..

Newport is an awesome Hotel.. Have stayed there on 3 separate occasions.. Right on the beach and the Tiki Bar was awesome..

Just be careful if you walk on the beach south.. It ventures into au-natural real quick!

Archived