Anyone have Navigator of the Seas questions

FLHTCU10

So what are you supposed to do with your carry-ons while you're trying to get some lunch :confused:????

You have to carry your stuff around with you, which is part of why the cruise line suggests not arriving until after 1pm. My boyfriend and I ususally go to the WJ find a seat, one of us goes and gets a plate while the other sits with the bags and then switch. Last year as far as carry ons go we only had one laptop size bag each...so it made it easier.

So what are you supposed to do with your carry-ons while you're trying to get some lunch :confused:????

You carry it around with you or arrive closer to 1PM. I see that you are both Princess cruisers. It may be different on that line.

It was quite a few years ago that Royal Caribbean started placing the cabins off limits until 1 PM. I don't blame them for wishing to have some uninterrupted time to turn over the cabins.

Yes it is. Staterooms are generally not accessible until 1pm. Considering the brief period available to them from the time the previous sailing's passengers vacate their staterooms, until the new passengers arrive, it is somewhat amazing how the crew is able to turnover the rooms as quickly as they do.:)

Princess manages to have the cabins ready for occupancy as soon as the passengers board, as does HAL. I don't know what they do differently, but it sure is nice to arrive and be able to drop our carryons right away.

We usually arrive at the pier around 12:30 so that we board just as the cabin are opening up. Then we enjoy a nice lunch unencumbered by our carryon bags.

You have a large flat screen tv that is on a swivel so you can watch it from the sitting area or from the sleeping area.

I was also on this sailing, mine was the flat tube style, it got very tempermental towards the end and we had to play with the power button to get it to turn on

I was also on this sailing, mine was the flat tube style, it got very tempermental towards the end and we had to play with the power button to get it to turn on

We had a balcony room and did not have a flat screen TV. It was an older TV.

You carry it around with you or arrive closer to 1PM. I see that you are both Princess cruisers. It may be different on that line.

It was quite a few years ago that Royal Caribbean started placing the cabins off limits until 1 PM. I don't blame them for wishing to have some uninterrupted time to turn over the cabins.

I have to say that I was extremely disappointed by the passengers that would not be patient until the crew opened the door to the hallway to enter their rooms. I couldn't tell you how many people opened the door themselves and let themselves in to their rooms while the crew was trying to get everything ready. The more these people got in the way, the longer it took for the crew to be ready to open the doors to the rest of the passengers.

I couldn't believe a set of 4 girls that helped themselves to their rooms, dropped off their stuff then came out the door telling everyone to wait because the rooms were not ready yet. Funny, but they were ready for them. Another older lady trotted past everyone to open the closed door. I told her I didn't think they wanted us in there yet. She informed me that they told her downstairs that her room would be ready. I mentioned that she must be "special" then because the rooms were not ready yet. She told me that she was "special" and proceeded through the hallway that had all the crew's carts and linens lining the hall.

Made me a bit mad that people were so inconsiderate.

You will have a "cover" over the balcony that is, in fact, Deck 11.

Glad to hear I have deck 11 above :D however I was wondering if there was an even wider bit hanging further over than deck 11 goes? Looking at some pictures, there seems to be a something above that sticks out wider than the width of the general deck and from the deck plans, I was trying to work out what that was. We were on Voyager last year and I was tempted to knock on the door of 1278 and ask for a wee look! I just don't want anything stopping the sun from getting to me! I gave up an AFT JS for this room - although having sailed in Aft on this class before, I wouldn't rush to do it again with the steel structures.

HI!!!

My family and friends will be sailing the Navigator then end of February, Are there beers cooler bag specials??? I have heard people on RC boards talk about how you buy beer soft sided cooler and you can get refills cheaper for the rest of the cruise, did you see these? or know about these?

HI!!!

My family and friends will be sailing the Navigator then end of February, Are there beers cooler bag specials??? I have heard people on RC boards talk about how you buy beer soft sided cooler and you can get refills cheaper for the rest of the cruise, did you see these? or know about these?

Posted same question recently... responses were no cooler bag or even bucket specials on Dec 18 Navigator or on the Dec 30th sailing either.. had hoped they would be available..:(

January 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM

jamieacru user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

No cooler bag or even bucket specials on Dce 18 Navigator - disappointing.

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Posted same question recently... responses were no cooler bag or even bucket specials on Dec 18 Navigator or on the Dec 30th sailing either.. had hoped they would be available..:(

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

OMG are you serious! GURRRRR!! CANT BELIEVE it!

They want to such out as much money from us as possilbe!!

That is one think I like about Carnival better is you can each carrry on some Soda/Water and a bottle of wine on.

That stinks!

Three couples have booked cabins on the hump on Deck Six. I was wondering if the view from the balcony is impeded by the life boats? Thanks for your help.

No problem with the life boats and the view.

Are there blowdryers in the staterooms and how are they?

Yes there are, but many passengers claim that they are not sufficiently powerful to adequately dry your hair in a reasonable amount of time. If you have thick hair you may want to bring your own.

Do the safes have a numeric key pad where you put in your own code or do you need to swipe a credit card?

Are there shower doors or shower curtins?

We are in a balcony (if it makes a difference).

Thanks!

Numeric keypad on the safe.

Shower doors (like all Voyager class ships) not curtain.