offers to replace cruise on Concordia

gill556

We were called in to our travel agent today to discuss the cruise we had booked for April. We live in Spain so don't know if it is the same for everyone. Basically they have offered us the same itinery on Romantica or an alternitive cruise that is a different itinery with Royal Caribbean on Serena. Has anyone else been re-booked or been offered anything different?. She insists that this is all the company will allow her to offer. I am concerned about Romantica as there could still be workmen putting the finishing touches and the cabin with the Serena is a cabin for the disabled (although neither of us is).

gill556 ..... Serena is a Costa ship ... :) not Royal Caribbean.

I also read today that Costa have offered people booked with them a refund of their money if they decide to cancel their cruises with them, customers have until the 7th of Feb to decide.

sorry, yes you are right. Doesn't take much to confuse me but also difficult to understand everything when it is in Spanish. The alternative was in fact Adventure of the seas (Royal Caribbean). Just wondered why we weren't allowed to choose whatever from any of the Costa brochures instead of being told that we only have a limited choice with no apology that we are having to spend time and petrol to try and sort it out. They did offer us an upgrade to a balcony but wanted to charge us an extra 350 euros each, we had a balcony last time but didn't actually use it at all although it was nice to look out to sea but for us not worth it.

gill556 ... Maybe they said those 2 ships because that was the itinery you had booked? just a guess on my part. I have to admit that Costa can be somewhat stubborn sometimes but it depends on who you speak to!

We were called in to our travel agent today to discuss the cruise we had booked for April. We live in Spain so don't know if it is the same for everyone. Basically they have offered us the same itinery on Romantica or an alternitive cruise that is a different itinery with Royal Caribbean on Serena. Has anyone else been re-booked or been offered anything different?. She insists that this is all the company will allow her to offer. I am concerned about Romantica as there could still be workmen putting the finishing touches and the cabin with the Serena is a cabin for the disabled (although neither of us is).

I had a booked trip for January 21 and I get a new booking for the sister ship Serene on February 12. Actually my ,,offer" has been accepted. The 7 days cruise has been replaced with a 11 days one. Also I had asked them to lower the cabin status and they accepted my variant. This is not the thread to explain again why I choiced them,but this my ,,experience" with them.

We have been taken off Magica, from a Butler suite, to an oceanview on deck 4 on romantica, offered £225 each OBC or full refund:eek:

Customer service refuses to talk with us!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I am starting to get the feeling that COSTA is issues all over the place (a rare sinking ship, striking workers and exceptionablly-poor customer service)!

. I am concerned about Romantica as there could still be workmen putting the finishing touches and the cabin with the Serena is a cabin for the disabled (although neither of us is).

You should not worry about the neoRomantica having workmen still onboard when you cruise in April. It can happen that workmen are on the first cruise after refurbishment, the first neoR cruise is 20th. Feb. so you will be alright. The disabled cabins, if not booked by a disabled person are then "sold" to ordinary passengers, the cabins are a bit larger and the bathroom has eaiser access.

Ron

My mom and mom-in-law were supposed to sail on 1/14. They are now on a 11 day sailing on Costa Mediterrranea which includes RT airfare and a night at a hotel in Genoa, as they will not be able to catch their return flight due to the return time into Savona. So far, so good.

sorry, yes you are right. Doesn't take much to confuse me but also difficult to understand everything when it is in Spanish. The alternative was in fact Adventure of the seas (Royal Caribbean). Just wondered why we weren't allowed to choose whatever from any of the Costa brochures instead of being told that we only have a limited choice with no apology that we are having to spend time and petrol to try and sort it out. They did offer us an upgrade to a balcony but wanted to charge us an extra 350 euros each, we had a balcony last time but didn't actually use it at all although it was nice to look out to sea but for us not worth it.

Given that they offered you a Royal cruise as a replacement, it sounds to me like your TA is the one limiting things. I highly, highly doubt Costa would offer an RCI ship as a replacement.

Good news from my end:)

Can have our suites and balconies if we go from Amsterdam instead of Dover, negotiated on travel costs, all sorted, NeoRomantic, got our suites back, and hey, we have thrown a day just for fun into Amsterdam too :D

1.5 flight to the Dam, versuses 11 hour drive to Dover.

win win win

Happy Blondie..took a bit of faffing around with, but got there in the end

woohoooooooooooo!!!

I WIll be ?0 and I WILL rock that ship !

Archived