What Would You Want In An Azamara New-Build?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Hello everyone!

So after Mr. Pimentel's request that cruisers say what they would like to see in a new Azamara vessel, I thought I'd create a thread where such things can be discussed.

So, what would you like to see in a new Azamara ship? What size? What amenities? Decor Style? What else?

Personally, although I am yet to sail Azamara (have penciled in a December voyage though) I would love it if the new Azamara ships are smaller than the O class. Really just be second generation R class vessels, and weighing in at under 45,000 tons. It seems that today the only ships that are getting built under that size are ultra-luxury all suite vessels that charge astronomical rates. One of my favorite ships is the Seabourn Odyssey, but I can still see a great ship of her size be built with about 600-800 passengers. Similar to the Viking Ocean Cruises concept, and although I haven't seen any impressions, etc. of these ships I do think they are going after the Royal Viking Line type experience which looks to be a sound direction.

A ship that'd be able to go into lesser visited ports, have great amenities but nothing over the top, continue the old-style styling in the original R ships with a modern twist.

The Marina looks absolutely beautiful, but shes just too large. It was only yesterday when Royal Caribbean took delivery of the beautiful Legend of the Seas, which is only 5,000 tons smaller than Marina. The HAL S class, etc. are already established so it would be great if Azamara, as it is currently doing with the twins, be able to fill the void between ultra-luxury and upper premium, with two stately vessels of a relative small size.

What do you think?

The only issue that stops me from always booking with Azamara is the lack of an indoor pool. Now, I'm not talking about a large indoor pool on a small ship but if only there was an indoor whirlpool. If they could enclose the current whirlpool at the front of the spa area, I would be very happy:)

Lynne

Archived