Costco insurance?

Natitude61

Does anyone have any experience going through Costco for their travel insurance? I've done a search, and can only find experiences from when they contracted through Berkley...they now use Travel Guard/Chantis. Policy specifics include 2000 trip delay or missed connection (for trip expensed at 1350); 3000 baggage loss; 1000 baggage delay; 100,000 medical and 200,000 emergency evac. Also offer pre-existing waiver if purchased within 24 hours of final payment (which we haven't made yet), instead of deposit payment (which we made back in Nov). Total cost is 55 per person. Thanks in advance for any insight...this whole insurance thing has me soooo confused!

Me, too! I just spent 2 days trying to figure it out for 8 of us - and one who may have to leave early to fly back to U.S. for business reasons. I spoke to insuremytrip agent who was very helpful but I left even more confused. I think I figured out that NCL protection plan is for cruise only and their price for cruise only is more expensive than what I've found for all inclusive insurance. Now I'm going to Costco.com to check out their travel plans - completely forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder!

fjordhest -- just as a heads-up, I think you have to have booked your cruise through XXXX in order to get their insurance... Good luck in your search!

True, you have to have booked your cruise through this TA to purchase insurance through them. I have XXX'd out the name, as discussing specific TAs is not allowed on CC.

Thanks for the heads up! There is a link on the Costco site to trip protection which I did check out, but like other policies better. Many people recommended CSA Travel Protection which has good coverage. However, a couple of posters say not to worry about all of this until final payment is paid unless you have a preexisting medical condition. The one thing I have realized is that all of the policies appear to be less than NCL and for better coverage.

I booked my cruise thru the club store and also purchased the insurance from them. Based on their coverage it is just what I need and a bit more. It also covers the airfare as they told me "we realize you need to get there". I've never needed to use travel insurance but I do purchase it for all big vacations. If you aren't sure about the coverage, checkout insuremytrip dot com as I have used them before for land tours.

Archived