ever missed the ports of hmc or nassau?

I've lost track of how many ports I've missed or have been changed. It's very normal to have ports missed or changed. We missed Nassau 2 months ago on the Dream. It was a call by the captain to take an alternate route to St. Thomas & St. Maarten, through the old Bahamas Channel, which meant missing Nassau. He decided on that, so that we would avoid the terribly rough seas on the other route. The ships that went to Nassau had ships full of sick people, and they had to cancel shows, while we had perfectly smooth sailing. Great call by our captain. We can always do without Nassau.

ever missed the ports of Half Moon Cay or Nassau? if so... where did you end up going? was the port replaced with another or did you just have another sea day?? do you get any money back if you miss ports?

Have missed HMC twice. Never had anything substituted, just another sea day. Nassau (and MOST docked ports ) is not usually missed because of the way the port is laid out.

ever missed the ports of Half Moon Cay or Nassau? if so... where did you end up going? was the port replaced with another or did you just have another sea day?? do you get any money back if you miss ports?

I only have an answer for the first question. While sailing on Fascination in Oct 2010, we missed Half Moon Cay due to weather and went to Freeport instead. Was disappointed about that, but still enjoyed my vacation.

i go for the cruise, not really the ports because u dont get enough time in ports to do much anyway... however... my 14 yr old will turn 15 the day we are scheduled for HmC, so i do hope we make that. BUT... a bad day a cruising is better than a good day working, lol. we will let mother nature and god decide and as long as we stay safe we will be happy sailers. but still crossing fingers and hoping for hmc.

Archived