Aft of Hump Cabin

zdobson71

On the Reflection I can get an Aft Concierge Cabin or a Hump Cabin, with the difference being about $100. This is our Honeymoon cruise and having not experienced either I just wanted to get input on which all the members prefer and what pro's or con's of each might be.

Thanks so much

I will offer a bit of a different opinion.

I agree that aft is best on the M-class as those balconies truly are huge.

However, for the S-Class, my pick easily would be for the hump (by the hump, I mean on the angle with the deeper balconies - not rooms on the flat which are no different). These have deeper than usual balconies and have the convenience of being very close to the mid ship elevators.

On S-class, the aft rooms are a LONG walk to the elevators. A few have slightly wider balconies but none are deeper. So, they don't really feel bigger (we had an SV room with the widest balcony). If Concierge is of interest, there are C2 rooms on the hump. Wake watching is nice but we did not love the aft on S-class, which was a disappointment to us after loving several years of aft sailing on M-Class.

PS - We have stayed both aft and C2 hump on the S-Class, and so I share the above having been in both types of rooms. Happy sailing and enjoy your honeymoon.

We stayed at an aft corner Sky Suite for our honeymoon on the Silhouette. It was awesome.

We liked:

- The privacy of being out back and having less people around us (i.e. less footsteps you hear)

- Watching the wake of the ship was so relaxing. I miss it so much.

- Sailaways are fun, the aft gets nice views of ports as you depart

- Comfortable cabins with nice balconies

- Long walk to the elevators (why did we like this? because after all the insane food we ate, we NEEDED to walk it off! it actually was nice to get those extra steps, but that's just us. i can see how handicapped people or folks who have trouble walking would not want to be so far from midship, but unless you are that or have an aversion to walking, taking the extra steps around the ship is actually quite nice and good for you)

Only thing trick about being in the back is that sometimes you might feel more motion or bumps than if you were midship

We just experienced both an aft cabin and a hump cabin -- on the same cruise. We booked cabin 9276 on the Solstice this past December. We had a lot of problems with a young man in the cabin next to ours and were moved to an aft cabin, 1409, midway through the cruise. This was our first (and probably our last) aft cabin. I know that a lot of cruisers love the aft cabin but we found that it just didn't appeal to us.

The balcony on the aft cabin seemed very small and not as deep as the hump balcony. There was absolutely no shade so we could not sit out during the day. The cabin attendant would close the drapes each morning when he made up the room to keep the sun from heating up the cabin. We liked the fact that it wasn't windy since high winds were a problem on this cruise. It's nice to watch the wake in the evening but we missed being able to see the ports. It's a long, long walk to the elevators.

We loved the hump cabin and have already booked the same cabin on the Reflection in November. It was mid-ship, close to elevators and stairs and other than our next door neighbor, very quiet.

Archived