Confused About Latitudes !

Hello everyone !

I am slightly confused about Latitudes right now. I have two prior NCL sailings, one on the Jewel in 2008 and the other on the Sky last year. I am planning on booking my third on the Epic, but when I go to Latitudes it keeps stating ''enroll now'', although I am already enrolled. When I try the lookup, it says ''look up failed''.

I have emailed NCL but as of yet no answer, so I thought I'd share with you perhaps someone might have a magic wand.

On the NCL Jewel in 2008, I was registered with a different last name- but since then that has changed in my passport. So, when I booked on the Sky it wouldn't let me use my Latitudes, and forced me to put in a new one. On the ship I notified them of this error, and they told me it was 'rectified' although I'm not sure of that, I believed them. I still have a gut feeling I have two Latitudes accounts each with a one sailing, rather than the accumulative two.

Is there a way of rectifying this online, or even finding out if I have two short of calling NCL? I would do that but overseas phone charges from here to Miami, FL are a bit crazy (like $4/per minute).

Also, may I add, that although I love the new rewards system, would I be credited for past sailings ? Like the Jewel I reserved a year out, so that should be 12 points, as well as 12 points for 12 nights- thats a grand total of 22 points. Add on 3 more points for 3 nights on the Sky, so I should have 25 points? Would these be credited even if they are of a past sailing, or what happens to points according to the current system won on previous cruises accumulated prior to the induction of the current rewards program?

Thanks !

Also, may I add, that although I love the new rewards system, would I be credited for past sailings ? Like the Jewel I reserved a year out, so that should be 12 points, as well as 12 points for 12 nights- thats a grand total of 22 points. Add on 3 more points for 3 nights on the Sky, so I should have 25 points? Would these be credited even if they are of a past sailing, or what happens to points according to the current system won on previous cruises accumulated prior to the induction of the current rewards program?

Thanks !

I have seen on the Latitudes website that you can email them about requests like this - although it says that it could take up to two weeks due to 'high demand' to get a reply. Also, they should be able to add points from past sailings: this was in their FAQ:

What if my cruise history is incorrect?

If a cruise is missing in your cruise history, click on the ‘Report a missing cruise' link on the ‘Cruise History' tab.

Hope it helps you out a bit!

Edit: added link for FAQ: http://www.ncl.co.uk/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/#incorrect-cruise-history

My wife and I had to send proof from an earlier cruise (pre latitudes era) to get it added to our latitudes points. We make a scrapbook/photo album of each cruise so we had everything from our cruise. They should be able to find your earlier cruise and combine the two but as stated they have been busy with the change of lattitude points. They changed my wifes in a few days but I had to get my PCC involved to get mine finaly corrected. It actually doesn't do much for us but get us a few extra drinks from parties since we always cruise in a penthouse suite or above.

Yeah, they fixed a similar problem for us in a couple of days. However, you will not get "extra" credit for booking a year in advance as they do not go retroactive on any cruise for early booking. You should only get the 12 points, one for each day of the cruise.

You can contact Latitudes Rewards customer service by emailing latclerical@ncl.com. Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received.

We're having a very difficult time attempting to rectify a points problem. After the initial e-mail, there was a quick automatic reply..."received you inquiry....". Then it took about 3 1/2 weeks for a form letter type response. I just e-mailed them again. Best of luck!

Archived