Price went UP !!!

24butterfly

FWIW, I usually have a price that I feel is fair in mind when I am looking for a cruise. If the price is around my fair price, I book it. If not, I don't. If the price goes down, you can get the difference (it's never happened to me) and if the price goes up, you are protected. (I think most of the time this is what happens) I also tend to book in advance (often more than a year), onboard if possible. I'd like to wait and try for a last minute deal, but, work, job, and location, all conspire to prevent that.

FWIW, I usually have a price that I feel is fair in mind when I am looking for a cruise. If the price is around my fair price, I book it. If not, I don't. If the price goes down, you can get the difference (it's never happened to me) and if the price goes up, you are protected. (I think most of the time this is what happens) I also tend to book in advance (often more than a year), onboard if possible. I'd like to wait and try for a last minute deal, but, work, job, and location, all conspire to prevent that.

If it makes you feel better, the price for our cruise in March has gone up about $900 pp since we booked... glad we booked when we did, about a year ago. We are happy with our price! Think of it as getting a bargain and enjoy your cruise!

You may be out of luck. My understanding is that if the price drops before the final payment date then you can get that price, or credit. You still might be able to use the price drop to get upgraded accommodations. Talk to your TA or call Celebrity directly and see what they can do for you.

Yep... just confirmed with Celebrity. Makes sense if you think about it.

They were willing to upgrade my room to a different class but I wanted to stay on the back of the boat (Sunset Veranda) and be next to our friends in the Sky Suite. Hoping to open the door between the two veranda's for the entire cruise.

We are on a cruise in March that dropped considerably between the time we booked and final payment. I called the TA and they just adjusted the booking to reflect the new price. The price has gone back up some since then. I thought it might go down some after final payment, but it hasn't.

I had mine adjusted down three times before final payment. Ended up with a screaming deal!!!

I had mine adjusted down twice and I also think I ended up with a great deal.

Final payment is due on January 28th and I did note, however, in the last 3 to 4 weeks the price has risen steadily to a price that I would not pay for this cruise. Anybody who has booked in the last few weeks is paying about 1/3 more than the cruise ended up costing me. It really does pay to book earlier and watch the pricing on a daily basis. :)

On 1/11 this year my cabin dropped by 450 from my booking price. I got my TA to secure the new price.

On 1/13 it went back up to my original price.

Since then it's gone up 200 more from my original price!

I've done VERY well, so far, considering!

While checking for a price drop for our cruise with final payment coming up in a week I accidentally checked the Military Box and saw a big price drop if I upgraded cabins. While on the phone with X I realized what I had done and apologized to the rep for my mistake. Much to my delight he adivsed me of a residency discount that did not show up on their web site and we saved another $600 on the cruise from the time we booked. :D

The discount still does not show and I called X back to confirm. According to them all is well and my discount is noted in the system, as well as the fact that I called to confirm.

I don't know why the residency discount does not show on their web site but if not for my mistake I would never have known about it.

Mary Lou

Archived