Hotels in Singapore

Just Alice

We have stayed at the Marina Mandarin a few times. We were there in the early 90's when it was first built and we have been back once since the major renovation which was in the late 90's early 2000's. It is a lovely hotel, central to the big Marina shopping centre and it has the loveliest lounge area of all the hotels. We love sitting in that area with a drink listening to a pianist or a violinist and looking up at the huge atrium with the sun shining in. Often when we are in that area shopping, we will just pop in to sit and enjoy the ambience.

I am sure you won't be sorry if you choose to stay there.

Jennie

We have stayed at the Marina Mandarin a few times. We were there in the early 90's when it was first built and we have been back once since the major renovation which was in the late 90's early 2000's. It is a lovely hotel, central to the big Marina shopping centre and it has the loveliest lounge area of all the hotels. We love sitting in that area with a drink listening to a pianist or a violinist and looking up at the huge atrium with the sun shining in. Often when we are in that area shopping, we will just pop in to sit and enjoy the ambience.

I am sure you won't be sorry if you choose to stay there.

Jennie

Good,

Joe & Jan, Vance & Beryl and Sandancer are staying there that I know of so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I will flying in on an early morning arrival, arriving at 12:20AM. So by the time I get my luggage and clear customs, I probably won't arrive to my hotel until about 2AMish. Does anyone know when I book a hotel room, do I book the date as the day before or the day of my arrival as my 1st night?

I would definitely let the hotel know what time you are expecting to arrive otherwise they could give your room away. You will need to book the hotel for the day before. Say you arriving at 2am on the 2nd May, then you need to book the hotel for the night of the 1st May. Hope this makes sense.

Jennie.

Thank you for the replys about booking the hotel for early morning arrivals. I kind of figured I would have to book the day before I arrived and should notify the hotel directly of my flight arrival information.

Now the hard part deciding which hotel to book. As of right now I am leading towards the Holiday Inn-Atrium.

My wife is wanting to book a hotel on a beach. So now I looking to find one that is nice and not to overpriced.

Thank you for the replys about booking the hotel for early morning arrivals. I kind of figured I would have to book the day before I arrived and should notify the hotel directly of my flight arrival information.

Now the hard part deciding which hotel to book. As of right now I am leading towards the Holiday Inn-Atrium.

My wife is wanting to book a hotel on a beach. So now I looking to find one that is nice and not to overpriced.

Not many beach hotels in Singapore. I can only think of one very good one, which is on the island of Sentosa.

How many nights will you be staying at the hotel?

Not many beach hotels in Singapore. I can only think of one very good one, which is on the island of Sentosa.

How many nights will you be staying at the hotel?

It will be for 5 nights.

I just got a (what I think was) great rate on Hotwire and it ended up being the Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel. I read on one of the reviews that there is no MRT near by, is that true?

Singapore is really not a beach town. There may be one at Sentosa but when people talk about going to Singapore, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they are going because of the beach. Singapore has so much going for it, but they really aren't known for their beaches.

We stayed one time at the Sentosa Shangri La Rasa Hotel and though it is a lovely hotel, it is out of the way and we found it was a resort for mainly people from other parts of Asia. There were a lot of children staying there as well.

We prefer to stay in one of the hotels in and around the city and we always go for a hotel that has a shady pool as it is so hot to sit outside and yet it is great to be able to have a swim.

Jennie

It will be for 5 nights.

I just got a (what I think was) great rate on Hotwire and it ended up being the Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel. I read on one of the reviews that there is no MRT near by, is that true?

I assume you got a great rate.

The hotel is definitely decent.

Location wise, it is just opposite Parkway Parade, a nice mall. There are also many shops nearby. You can even walk to the beach.

The nearest MRT station is Eunos (EW7), but I think it is way too far to walk. One way is to take a taxi to the MRT station and then take MRT.

Alternatively, just take the taxi to the destination you want to go for.

Or you may want to try taking the bus as well.

Singapore is quite small I would not worry too much about the MRT being nearby or not (although its very good) taxis are cheap too. Singapore is more known for its shopping than beaches.

Sue

Agree with you.

However, in recent years, we have invested more and more in the nature park of the equation. We don't want to be just a concrete jungle.

For travellers with more time in Singapore, I would suggest visiting some of the beautiful parks.

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/

Thank you all for all of your information. My wife will be just coming back from a month in St Maarten, so hopefully she will get her beach fill.

I am looking forward to exploring Singapore. I am hoping by the time our cruise starts we will be over the jet lag and have seen a lot of the city.

• 4 weeks later...

We are looking for a good hotel in the $150 to 200 range. Don't have to be near the fancy shopping areas. More interested in visiting China Town or India Town, easy access to sightseeing etc., - any recommendations. Thanks in Advance.

We are looking for a good hotel in the $150 to 200 range. Don't have to be near the fancy shopping areas. More interested in visiting China Town or India Town, easy access to sightseeing etc., - any recommendations. Thanks in Advance.

I think my friends stayed at the Holiday Inn express or Holiday Inn Atrium. Should be a fairly economical rate and hotel should be ok. Check them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived