NY Cruise Terminal to Newark Airport

Going on a cruise in Sept. leaving out of NY. We are flying into Newark early to visit family in NJ and will take a taxi to her house & then into the city the day before the cruise.

What is the best way after the cruise to get from the pier to Newark? Are Carnival transfers the best bet or should be just grab a cab?

TIA

Norma

A cab would probably be $40-50 give or take. Not sure hw much the ship transfers would be. Cabs to/from the airport into town are in the $40-50 dollar range depending on which airport. Not sure about the cost to the pier. The NYC taxi & livery commission has a website. Of course I can't remember what it is...BUT you may be able to get price info. (You could probably google nyc tax commission and get the site)

Just want to remind you that although the cab fares are set fees FROM an airport and unmetered, the fares to the airports are not set and are metered running considerably higher in price. Your only chance to get a good rate back to the airport would be to try to negotiate with the Cabby.

My understanding is that from Pier to LGA is approx. $45.00 to $55.00, JFK/ $55.00 to $65.00, and to Newark/ $75.00 to $95.00. This includes tolls. Traffic is a big factor.

I do not know what Carnival's transfer cost would be from the NYC pier to Newark Airport, but Princess is charging $40.00pp.

Good Luck!

Archived