PVP question

kelkel2

So, Our pvp calls quite often and just recently I let her know that we really do a lot of shopping around for different rates, itineraries and ships and we usually spend a lot of time on carnival's site before we book. But, my husband keeps telling me that when she calls I need to ask her what kind of deals she can get us. She always leaves us voicemails talking about "deals". But, she can't get deals cheaper than the online rate can she? I thought the answer was no but just double checking.

Our pvp called us yesterday. He said he could get us a lower rate that was not posted on Carnival's website for a cruise we were looking at.

would this be cheaper than ES? I was kinda under the impression that ES was usually the lowest price you can get?

How do you get a PVP? Not yours specifically but any one?

We have a somewhat complicated booking situation, and I think I would feel better if I had someone I could contact directly again instead of just a call center.

We have a somewhat complicated booking situation, and I think I would feel better if I had someone I could contact directly again instead of just a call center.

Honestly, I don't know how we got one. We just started getting calls from carnival and a woman saying she was our vacation planner. I know you can call the 1800 number and ask to speak with one. Or, if someone on here likes there pvp they can give you their extension and you can call them. I don't want to recommend mine because we haven't completely booked through her yet

would this be cheaper than ES? I was kinda under the impression that ES was usually the lowest price you can get?

I was searching something tonight and the ES was $150 more than Funsaver and $175 more than Funselect (or vice versa) can't keep those things straight. Just now the ES was a good bit more

carnival does NOT allow for discounting.

But agents sometimes can look at other rates that is not showing on the website.-- maybe military rate.

You want to make sure the agent does not book you into a rate that you are not entitled to--like resident rate when you dont live in that state.

but FWIW-- what you see is what it is.

---

on carnival website--you want to go into your profile and change your phone number (area code) 555 -1212

or do not log in when you are looking around

So, Our pvp calls quite often and just recently I let her know that we really do a lot of shopping around for different rates, itineraries and ships and we usually spend a lot of time on carnival's site before we book. But, my husband keeps telling me that when she calls I need to ask her what kind of deals she can get us. She always leaves us voicemails talking about "deals". But, she can't get deals cheaper than the online rate can she? I thought the answer was no but just double checking.

I've had the same PVP for the past several years, she has NEVER gotten us any better rates than what I can find on Carnival's website. On other cruise lines (RCCL, Celebrity, HAL) a travel agent can usually get better rates and even on-board credits and ship stateroom upgrades. That's one of the reasons, I decided to go with Celebrity this time around, outside of the fact it's a COMPLETELY different category of ships, but the ability to get more perks.

I've had the same PVP for the past several years, she has NEVER gotten us any better rates than what I can find on Carnival's website. On other cruise lines (RCCL, Celebrity, HAL) a travel agent can usually get better rates and even on-board credits and ship stateroom upgrades. That's one of the reasons, I decided to go with Celebrity this time around, outside of the fact it's a COMPLETELY different category of ships, but the ability to get more perks.

MY PVP had contacted. I guess he found out I was looking at cruises online. I told him we were looking at a cruise at the end of April. He quoted me a rate he had in his computer that was lower than shown on Carnival's website. This booking no longer qualifies for early saver. I forgot what he said the fare code was.

from some of the posts that I have seen, it may be a good idea to use a PVP as when you book with the early saver they call you when the price drops to let you know you saved some money. Otherwise you have to watch it yourself and fill out the paperwork and send it in. I personally have never used one yet though I am thinking about it now.

I have never used Es rates, but I have also never done better with cruise prices than dealing with my current PVP. Just my experience. And I have shopped around a lot. Just keep coming back to my PVP. I do however say that one should always shop around. What works for me is not always right for others.

Just call Carnival and ask for one. We are not allowed to give names on here.

Every time I go onto Carnival's website and look at certain cruises, our PVP calls and send an email. We have never dealt with her for a cruise, and when she calls I tell her I am "just looking". I wish I could get on their Do Not Call list because if/when I'm ready to book, I'll either get in touch with them or go through our TA. This PVP is wasting her time calling us.

from some of the posts that I have seen, it may be a good idea to use a PVP as when you book with the early saver they call you when the price drops to let you know you saved some money. Otherwise you have to watch it yourself and fill out the paperwork and send it in. I personally have never used one yet though I am thinking about it now.

I watch the rates myself. I will fill in the es forms myself. It is easy to do. I will call my pvp if I have an issue.

I book 9+ months out just to get the specific room I want, even moving to other ships. If I stepped on the ship, then got my room assignment it probably would not be where I preferred. Then I would grow horns on the cruise & come back & write reviews how the ice cubes weren't cold enough. Even though the PVP always call, I need my specific room to keep peace.

We have used the same PVP for 4 cruises now. Prices are still close to what is published on the website, but usually a higher catogory within the cabin class than what you are able to book for on the website. She has always returned calls or emails and has never been pushy

Archived