another alcohol ? Am I the only one

rl2thnurse

Has anyone else ever had alcohol confiscated?

I have read so many posts about people who carry alcohol in the carry on luggage & are NEVER confiscated. One time I tried bringing it on in my large luggage that would "usually" be checked. However, I was with my TA & she said lets just take it on with us...which worked fine EXCEPT...when they sent it through x-ray & saw my vodka & Southern Comfort ( I am a "scarlett o'hara girl) they opened my luggage & went through undies & everything & took it. . I might add that my TA walked right in with 2 large bottles of Jim Bean in her carry-on. Go figure!

Has anyone else ever had alcohol confiscated?

I have read so many posts about people who carry alcohol in the carry on luggage & are NEVER confiscated. One time I tried bringing it on in my large luggage that would "usually" be checked. However, I was with my TA & she said lets just take it on with us...which worked fine EXCEPT...when they sent it through x-ray & saw my vodka & Southern Comfort ( I am a "scarlett o'hara girl) they opened my luggage & went through undies & everything & took it. . I might add that my TA walked right in with 2 large bottles of Jim Bean in her carry-on. Go figure!

Certain other cruise lines are *much* more militant about enforcing this prohibition, NCL comes to mind as one that scans the checked luggage, and if they "see" something, they simply will not deliver the bag to your cabin. When you eventually ask about your missing luggage, you have to go to some location to claim it. It will have a tag on it, and you will have to open it for inspection. The booze will be confiscated at that point.

I've not ever heard of this happening on Carnival.

I think it depends on who is scanning the carry on's. Also how it is wrapped in the carry on. We bring champagne and wine on board with no problems but then Carnival says you can do that. I know people who have brought alcohol on board with no problem and then those who had it taken away.

I just got back from my cruise yesterday....we put our alcohol (2 btls of alcohol and 2 btls of wine) in our checked luggage. We just wrapped it in plastic bags, then thick beach towels, and put it in between clothes in our luggage..and we flew to the port, then checked the bags on the ship....and no problems!

Archived