JS cabins on Rhapsody not on deck plans????

chookie65

Does anyone know where the following cabins are located on deck 8 of Rhapsody are? They are coded as JS but I can't find them on the deck plans?

8594 8596 8598 8100 8102 and 8600

Maybe they are new cabins and will be part of the march dry dock refurb?

Also on the RCI website when you click the deck plans post drydock they don't display does anyone know of a website that shows these deck plans?

Thanks in advance!

Aleisha

Does anyone know where the following cabins are located on deck 8 of Rhapsody are? They are coded as JS but I can't find them on the deck plans?

Also on the RCI website when you click the deck plans post drydock they don't display does anyone know of a website that shows these deck plans?

Thanks in advance!

Aleisha

Hi Aleisha. Here's a link to Rhapsody http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=RH&shipProfile=1374

As far as the cabin numbers you posted, where did you get these numbers from?

Thanks in advance!

Aleisha

Did you look at the deck for 29 March 2012 to 11 May 2013?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=BR&shipCode=RH&shipProfile=1478&sailDate=1120329&hasNavigation=false

The Rhapsody must be going in for a refit; I tried a dummy booking, and it let me pick an accessible cabin with # 8058, or a "Family Junior Suite" #8000.

Well, the deck plan currntly shows 8000 as an owner's suite, and the handicaped room is now either 8042 or 8050.

Presumably, they will be adding more cabins on deck 8, causing the rooms to be renumbered. The numbers you listed will in all likely hood be the aft JS's. (nice!)

Too bad the deck plan isn't accurate :-(

Aloha,

John

That's what happened with Splendour - they added a Family Junior Suite all the way forward, in front of what used to be a blank space on the deck plan. Then they added 4 cabins on the starboard side where the Crown & Anchor lounge used to be, which meant re-numbering the cabins on that side of the ship only. So I'm guessing the same will happen to Rhapsody in her drydock.

Patti/Jim / all

I got them from an Australian TA website and when you contact RCI Australia they don't have the new deck plans nor are they there when you click on the link. The screen refreshes but no plan!!!

The RCI reservation girl in AUST told me today that they were all AFT cabins and yes they may being adding more cabins where the lounge and Study are on deck 8 which will rearrange the current numbers, hence these numbers coming up. She also confirmed that They are in the RCI database. However they don't come up if you try a booking on the RCI website.

Can you see the post dry dock deck plans on the American website? When I click through your link on here it converts to the .com.au site which doesn't display them!!!!

My current booking is JS 8080 but I really want a mid ship JS cabin because we are new too cruising and I've read there is less motion midship.

What are your thoughts about this? Should I not worry and stick with the current cabin?

Where will I end up if they add these cabins midship where the lounge/study is?

Sorry so many questions....

Cheers Aleisha :o

Patti/Jim / all

I got them from an Australian TA website and when you contact RCI Australia they don't have the new deck plans nor are they there when you click on the link. The screen refreshes but no plan!!!

The RCI reservation girl in AUST told me today that they were all AFT cabins and yes they may being adding more cabins where the lounge and Study are on deck 8 which will rearrange the current numbers, hence these numbers coming up. She also confirmed that They are in the RCI database. However they don't come up if you try a booking on the RCI website.

Can you see the post dry dock deck plans on the American website? When I click through your link on here it converts to the .com.au site which doesn't display them!!!!

My current booking is JS 8080 but I really want a mid ship JS cabin because we are new too cruising and I've read there is less motion midship.

What are your thoughts about this? Should I not worry and stick with the current cabin?

Where will I end up if they add these cabins midship where the lounge/study is?

Sorry so many questions....

Cheers Aleisha :o

Aleisha,

I know we are not allowed to post links to misc TA websites. I did look at one it shows after the refurb, cabin 8080 is about 4 cabins from the back of the ship. Since this is your first cruise, if you 'tend' towards motion sickness, I wouldn't suggest going for aft if you can help it. A-you are more likely to feel the rocking of the ship and B-you will feel the vibrations from the engines. We were on the Rhapsody 2 years ago and she is a great little ship, but IF there is a storm (and we had one, boy did that turn folks green) you will feel it. I went back to our room (mid ship-front/back, mid level) and really didn't feel that much movement, comparably.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to email me at quakerzon at yahoo dot com.

Erika

I can get to them, but unfortunately the plans still don't reflect those cabins. The most I can get about them is that RCI says they are at the aft end of the ship. However, without any plans showing that, you'd have a very tenuous case if they subsequently rearranged them, or that information on their site is incorrect (which does happen). As you are seeking midship though I'd disregard them.

The Rhapsody must be going in for a refit; I tried a dummy booking, and it let me pick an accessible cabin with # 8058, or a "Family Junior Suite" #8000.

Well, the deck plan currntly shows 8000 as an owner's suite, and the handicaped room is now either 8042 or 8050.

Presumably, they will be adding more cabins on deck 8, causing the rooms to be renumbered. The numbers you listed will in all likely hood be the aft JS's. (nice!)

Too bad the deck plan isn't accurate :-(

Aloha,

John

Back in November I booked owner's suite 8000 for the 2013 April 24 to May 11 Sydney to Honolulu. The supposed updated deck plan I'm looking at still shows 8000 as an owner's suite.

Back in November I booked owner's suite 8000 for the 2013 April 24 to May 11 Sydney to Honolulu. The supposed updated deck plan I'm looking at still shows 8000 as an owner's suite.

I just booked 8000 on the May 11, 2013 sailing (Honolulu to Vancouver). It is quoted as category FJ (Family Junior Suite). The price was EXACTLY the same as a regular Junior Suite. I cannot find this category anywhere on the Rhapsody. The only place I can find it is on the deck plans for the recently refurbished Splendour. On there, the room is TWICE the size of a regular JS (although the balcony is listed as smaller). So, I assume Rhapsody will be similar after its refurbishment. But, as others have stated, 8000 still shows as an Owner's Suite on Rhapsody (but not Splendour). So, I figured, since there is only ONE FJ cabin on the entire ship.....book it. I have a year to cancel if we hear bad reviews! At the price of a regular JS, it sounds too good to be true. (I called RCCL, and they knew nothing of this new FJ category. Initially, I was told that I had to have 5 people to book it, but after checking, they let me book it with just 3 of us).

thanks all.

Erika - we don't currently have anyone in the family who gets motion sick in cars and the like... but i realise that if the seas get rough then anything is possible. I intend to buy some avomine and take it with us anyway.

Will anyone from RCI stop us from taking a blow up bed on board? Its me and the kids aged 18, 15 and 14 (my son who is already 6 foot) ... as the sofa bed in the JS suite looks quite small????? I was going to put it in my normal luggage - one of the ones with the in-built pump/blow up thingy!

Will anyone from RCI stop us from taking a blow up bed on board? Its me and the kids aged 18, 15 and 14 (my son who is already 6 foot) ... as the sofa bed in the JS suite looks quite small????? I was going to put it in my normal luggage - one of the ones with the in-built pump/blow up thingy!

Can't think of a reason they would prevent it. If you've got the space spare to bring it you could try it, but I've never had issues with the cabin having insufficient space for the number of occupants it's permitted to carry.

Thanks "The Big M" - do you know whether the sofa beds in JS cabins on Rhapsody are double or queen size?

My girls have already claimed the two singles so looks like I'm sleeping with my son!!!! Hence the thought about the blow up bed - my idea was to bring a double which I was going to buy in Sydney as we live on the gold coast but I really don't know what I will do with it at the end of the cruise! It's just a thought at this stage but if the sofa bed is wide enough then I won't bother.

Archived